iOS 10 is one of the most exceptional version of the Operating System in Apple smartphones that allows you the extra-ordinary features and convenient tools. The version spread out its rage over the business and the users too. However, even after its excellent features and facilities, there might be also some negative impacts stabbed on this version at a time. Among all of its issues, the messages app crashing iOS 10 is one of the complex ones. This issue generally transpires due to after the iOS update. So, if you dealing with this issue and wondering for a permanent clarification to settle this issue, then this article is your savior. In this content, we will explore all the effective methods to fix this issue as soon as possible.
Methods to Fix Messages App Crashing iOS 10:
We have arranged a few effective methods to resolve iOS 10 iMessage crash issue on this section. You can try either one of these methods or all the methods until you have the problem fixed.
Method 1: Reboot your iPhone
If your messaging app crashing frequently on iOS 10, then it might be due to some technical faults. You need to reboot your system to eliminate this issue. Go through the steps below to accomplish the task.
- At first, take your iPhone and press and hold the Menu button and the Side button until the Slider appears on the screen.
- Now, release both the switches at the equal time. Swipe the slide to Power off approval slider to the Right side.
- Keep holding down the Side button even after the shutdown until the Apple logo turns back on the screen.
Now, see if the messaging app is working all good as earlier. If the issue still persists, try another method below.
Method 2: Delete the Messages Conversation Thread
If a particular conversation crashes when you are trying to access that, then you need to clean up the entire conversation thread from your iPhone. Here some of the steps below you can go through to complete the task.
- At first, take your iPhone and open the Messages from the Home menu.
- Now, tap and hold on any messages you want and tap on More option from the very bottom.
- Tap on the Trash icon from the menu and select the messages that you want to delete.
- Now, click on the Delete Messages from the Popup menu. Then, tap on the Ok option to confirm the deletion.
After successfully completing all the above steps, restart your device and check if the messaging app is working all well as earlier. If still, the messaging app crashes frequently, try some more methods below.
Method 3: Reset All Settings on your iPhone
Sometimes resetting the device to all settings can heal several glitches and internal bugs on the device. Hence, go through the steps below to reset all the settings on your iPhone.
- At first, press the Home menu button on your iPhone and navigate to the Settings tab from the list.
- Drive to the General tab from the list and tap on that to open the action.
- Now, scroll down the menu and tap on the Reset option from the very bottom of the page.
- Select the Reset All Settings option from the top of the list and tap the option again to confirm the process.
After the reset gets completed, restart your iPhone and check if the issue is resolved. Also, verify if the Message app is working all good or not. If the issue still continues, try another solution below.
Method 4: Reset the iPhone to the Factory Settings
If none of the above methods worked, then resetting the device to the factory settings is the only method you can go with. Resetting the device to the factory settings allows you to get back your device as earlier. Follow the steps given below to accomplish the task.
- At first, tap the Menu button on your device and drive to the Settings tab from the app list.
- Navigate to the General tab and scroll down the page until you locate the Reset option.
- Tap the Reset option to open the action and drive to the Erase All Content and Settings option.
- Enter the Apple ID and Password if prompted. Tap the Yes key to confirm the process.
After completing the Factory Reset on your iPhone, the device will restart automatically. Now, we hope the issue is fixed now and the messaging app is working all good now.
We have allotted all the potential hacks to defeat iOS 10 iMessage crash issue on your iPhone device. You can go through either one of these solutions or all the methods until you get the problem settled. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to guide you on how to fix messages app crashing iOS 10. In case, the issue still persists or still the iOS 10 messages crashing, then either you have done something opposite with any of the steps or there might be some other internal error in your device. In that case, you can consult with an expert or take technical assistance positively. Lastly, we counsel you to drop your valuable feedback below in the comment box to let us know about your opinion.