Mac not recognizing iPhone is one such critical issue that can pop up because of many reasons. Some of the prominent causes are when the USB cable gets damaged, then you can get this problem. Other than that, you can also encounter this problem if the iTunes application is not up-to-date or if the ‘Don’t trust’ button is pressed accidentally on your iPhone. Even, when some reliable security software is installed on the Mac, then also this error can pop on your system’s screen. In the next section that comes up, you will get solutions to rectify and correct this problem.
Solutions to Rectify the Mac Not Recognizing iPhone Issue:
In this section of the article, you will get many steps to the point that will help you to correct this problem in an easy way.
Procedure to Update iTunes
Here, this point offers easy steps that help you to update the iTunes application present within the Mac. In order to do it, follow the steps underneath.
- First, locate the iTunes software on the desktop and tap on it to open.
- Once you are inside the application, then go to the Options menu at the top of the screen. Choose the ‘iTunes’ menu present just beside the ‘Apple; logo.
- Next, from the pop-up option list, find and hit the option ‘Check for Updates’. When you do this, then the Operating System will look for any updates.
- If an update is available, then follow the information that comes on the screen to install the recent version of iTunes software.
- There is another process to update the iTunes application. For that, follow the sub-steps below.
- First, if the iTunes application gets open, then you must close it.
After that, find the application ‘Mac App Store’ from the desktop and select it to launch.
- Now, within the ‘Mac App Store’ window, select the tab ‘Updates’.
Under this tab, the software will automatically start to look for updates available for any applications. When the searching gets over, if there is an update available for iTunes or any other software, then you will get that on a list.
- Thus, you will have to locate the option for iTunes and then select the ‘Update’ button. This will download the update and install it on iTunes.
Examine the Lighting Cable and Port
One of the easiest solution to rectify the Mac not recognizing iPhone error is to inspect the lighting cable and the port of the iPhone. Follow the steps below in order to do it.
- First, carefully see the lighting cable of your iPhone.
- Check for any kind of puncture or slashing on the outer casing of the wire.
- If you find any puncture on the wire, then immediately replace it with a new one. Now, if you cannot find any issues, then examine the lightning port on the device.
- Look for any debris or dust lodged inside the port. If you get any foreign particle inside the port, then take an earbud and try to remove that particle from the port.
- Also, you can wipe the connector present on the lightning cable with a lint-free cloth to remove any dust present on it.
- At last, connect the iPhone to your Mac and see if the iTunes application can able to detect the device or not.
Steps to Undo the “Don’t Trust” Message
When you buy new or factory reset the ‘iPhone’ and attempt to connect it to the Mac computer, then a message comes up which says ‘Trust This Computer?’, along with two buttons are present ‘Trust’ or ‘Don’t Trust’. Now, if you choose the button ‘Don’t Trust’, then you can get Mac doesn’t recognize iPhone error. To undo this selection, you can follow the steps below.
- First, if the iPhone is connected on the Mac, then remove it.
- Now, launch the iTunes application from the desktop. Once you are inside the software, then navigate to the ‘iTunes menu, besides the Apple logo.
- Next, from the popup options list, choose the option ‘Preferences’. After that, from the window that comes up which has the same name as the option you chose on the last line, choose the tab ‘Advanced’.
- Under the ‘Advanced’ tab, locate the label ‘Reset all dialog warnings:’ Then, hit the button ‘Reset warnings’. Next, press the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, connect the ‘iPhone’ and choose the ‘Trust’ button, when the message box ‘Trust This Computer?’ comes on your device.
- Another way to get back the message on the iPhone to reset the location and privacy settings. Follow the below sub-steps on how to do it.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ application on the iPhone and tap to launch it.
- Now, on the new screen that shows up, scroll down and select the option ‘General’
- After that, on the next screen that comes up with the heading ‘General’, scroll to the bottom of the screen and choose the option ‘Reset Location & Privacy’.
- Next, input the password on the next screen ‘Enter Passcode’.
At last, a message box opens up, then choose the option ‘Reset Settings’. Wait for a second for this reset process to complete.
Remove the Security Suite from Mac
If on the Mac device, you have reliable security software, then due to that application, you might encounter this problem. Now, the solution to resolve this issue is to uninstall the software from the Mac. For that, try the steps that are present below.
- First, start the Mac, if it is not open. After that, locate and choose the ‘Finder’ application from the desktop.
- Now, when the new window pops up, then choose the ‘Applications’ option.
- After that, select to open the folder of the reliable security software.
- Next, from the folder, tap on the uninstaller of the program. Then, follow the on-screen instructions and choose the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Now, when the prompt shows up that tells you to input the password, then enter it and tap on ‘OK’.
- The removal process will initiate and the application will be removed from the computer. This procedure takes a little bit of time to complete.
- At last, when the reliable security software has been uninstalled from Mac, then a confirmation message will come up. So, just tap on the ‘OK’ button to finish this removal process.
Factory Reset Procedure of the iPhone
If not a single point above can able to solve the error Mac not recognizing iPhone, then the last resort that you have is to factory reset the iPhone. Before you perform the factory reset, take a backup of everything that is present inside the iPhone. Follow the steps below to perform it.
- First, locate and tap the ‘Settings’ application on your iPhone.
- After that, on the next screen that shows up, choose the ‘General’ option.
- Next, on the screen that has the name ‘General’, scroll down and tap on the option ‘Reset’.
- Then, on the new screen that has a name ‘Reset’, navigate and choose the link ‘Erase All Content and Settings’.
- Now, a message box will popup ‘Do you want to update your iCloud Backup before erase’, just choose the option. If there is no backup, then choose‘Backup Then Erase.’ If you have a backup, then select ‘Erase Now’ option.
- Next, input the passcode of your iPhone on the screen ‘Enter Passcode’.
- Lastly, tap on the ‘Erase iPhone’ button on the message box below. Once this process is completed, you will see that the iPhone device will boot up with the Apple logo.
After following all the steps on the previous section, if you cannot able to rectify the Mac not recognizing iPhone error, then do not worry at all. Just provide details about the query that you have encountered on the comment section that is present at the bottom of the page.