Mac Mail accounts to be one of the most widely availed applications across the globe. Apple Mac is one of the most popular webmail platforms because it provides optimum user experience to a wide range of customers, However, despite the premium features that the application offers to its customers, it is not entirely free from technical glitches and follies. When talking about the glitches, one of the most common glitches that the users persistently encounter is the Mac mail not working issue.
Factors Causing the Mac Mail Not Working Issue:
As for the causes, you may encounter the problem of Mac mailbox not working if there is an issue with your internet connection. Weak internet connectivity accounts to be one of the prime causes behind the technical glitch. However, this is not the only causative factor responsible for this issue. The problem might further precipitate from any third party utility or antivirus that may be installed within your computer system.
Apart from these, an outdated version of your OS or an inappropriate Account Settings further contributes to the problem. In addition to all this, one of the fundamental causes behind mail not working on Mac issue is an outdated Mail software. That is to say, if you have not updated your Mac Mail software and using an outdated version of the software, then you are most likely to face this issue.
However, whatever may be the cause of the technical glitch under discussion, it is undeniably most harassing and should not be left unattended for long. Thus, if you are encountering this recurrent problem and looking for effective workarounds to redress it, then here we are to help you.
In this article, we shall offer you a detailed description of the most workable solutions to take recourse to in order to curb the problem of Mac mail not working from its root. So, shed aside all your concerns and read thoroughly our article in order to derive a proactive guideline of the workarounds that you must apply against your glitch.
Feasible Fixes to Counter the Mac Mailbox Not Working Error:
Essentially speaking, owing to the causes discussed above, Mac users frequently complain about their mail not working on Mac. And quite evidently, this sticky technical glitch over a prolonged period of time, becomes a serious concern for the users, disrupting user-experience. Therefore, quite obviously, if you are facing the issue, you can’t take things lying down for long. And in case, you are wondering what to do, here we are to show you your way. In this section, we offer you complete guidance of the necessary action to undertake in order to redress your glitch. Take a look.
Fix 1: Try Updating your Operating System
In case, you find Mac mail not working issue, the easiest measure for you is to redress the issue by updating your Operating System. As discussed, one of the fundamental causes of the glitch under discussion is the use of an outdated version of Mac OS. So, in case, you run into the glitch, the first thing that you should do is examine your Operating System thoroughly. Also, you need to make sure that you are using the Operating System of the latest version. In case, you find that the version you are using is not updated, do so immediately. Cited below are the instructions to execute the update process.
- First and foremost, you must press on the Apple Application. The moment you click on the app, the Menu List is going to get launched.
- After you have successfully launched the Menu List, you have to select the option entitled “System Preferences”
- As soon as you are into the “System Preferences” windows, reach out to the section named “System Update” and check whether there is any available update
- If you are able to locate an available update, you will have to press on the Update Icon. Make sure that you should choose the latest update for your Operating System from the list of available updates.
- On completion of the entire process, you got to simply reboot your system and check if your “Mac mail not working” is successfully resolved.
Fix 2: Reboot Your System
Oftentimes, just rebooting your Mac system can simply resolve many of your problems. So in case, you encounter the Mac mail not working issue, then indeed the quickest and easiest measure for you is to take recourse to reboot your system. The steps to execute the same are mentioned hereunder:
- Right at the beginning, you will have to find the list of Apple Menu. Once you reach out to the Menu list, you shall find the Reboot button,
- All you need to do is click on the Reboot button. The moment you press on the icon, your system will restart all over. After the System reboots, see whether the issue under question is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Avail the Rebuild Features
One of the most effective ways out to redress the technical glitch under question is to do so by means of availing the Rebuild Features. Below we have listed the steps adhere to:
- First and foremost, you will have to run your Mac Mailbox application.
- Once you are into the Mac Mailbox window, you will just have to select the correct mailbox form the left-hand side panel.
- Thereafter, you will simply have to locate the Drop down menu of the Mac Mailbox. Under the Drop down menu of the application, you will find the Rebuild option. On locating the option, just click on it in order to initiate the Rebuild Process.
After successful execution of the entire process, check whether you have been able to fix the problem of Mac mail not working. The issue should not recur back. However, in case, the issue still persists, you can try out our next alternative workaround
Fix 4: Reboot Your Maling Application
If none of the solutions mentioned above works, don’t feel dejected and try out our next alternative solution instead. Often the problem under discussion creeps up if you Mailing software is found outdated or if something goes wrong with the Mailing software. However, an easy redress for such technical hitches is rebooting the Mac Application all over anew. So, if you find your mail not working on Mac still, all you can do is restart the Mailing Application anew. The instructions to do so are as follows
- Right at the start, you will have to reach out to Apple’s Menu list. Once you detect the list, you need to choose the Home menu.
- On the Home menu, you are going to find the Library Section. The moment you find it, press on the icon. Thereafter, navigate over to the “Preferences” Tab.
- On reaching out to the Preferences Tab, you will simply have to scroll down through the page and search out for the official link. Then, copy the respective link to your computer system.
- Finally, when you are done with the entire procedure, you should simply reboot your Mailing application and check whether the glitch is sorted.
Fix 5: Eliminate the Sender Unknown Option
One of the must-try fixes for the problem in question is the removal of the Sender Unknown option. In case, you don’t know how to do that, here are the instructions for you to follow.
- To begin with, you must right-click on the email account.
- Thereafter, press the Get Account Info icon.
- Following this, search out for the Sender Unknown emails and remove them permanently from your server.
Fix 6: Update your Mailing Application
As been stated already, one of the prime causes behind the occurrence of Mac mailbox not working is the use of outdated versions of Mac Mail application. So, if your’s too is an outdated version, then you got to update your Mailing application to the newest version at the earliest. This might resolve your problem permanently. In addition to this, the good part is that it is not rocket science and therefore, you can actually perform it in minutes provided that you are through with the steps. Have a look at the instructions outlined below:
- The foremost step for you is to initialize the Finder window. Then, press the Application icon on locating it thereafter.
- Under the Applications Tab, double-click on your Maling Application in order to run the official application. As soon as you do this, you can then check if your Mailing Application is updated or not. If you find that you aren’t using the updated version of your mailing application, then you should update it at the earliest.
- Under such conditions, visit Apple’s official website and download the newest version of the Mail application thereafter.
- After you have successfully downloaded your Mail application, you must install the updated version of the application. In order to execute the installation process, you should adhere to the instructions that pop up on your screen. On the completion of the entire process, you need to restart your System and check whether the issue has been sorted or not.
Now, essentially while speaking of the solutions we mentioned above should effectively fix the problem of “Mac mail not working”. However, in case, things do not turn out as expected and the technical glitch in question still persists, then try out the following additional solutions.
Fix 7: Modify your Mail Settings
Often times, the Mac mail not working issue precipitates due to incorrect or inappropriate Settings. Thus, if none of the abovementioned workarounds serve your purpose, you can simply change your Mail Settings. In order to do so, follow the following steps:
- First and foremost, you got to run the Mail applications. After you launch it, navigate over to the Mail menu and select the “Preferences” option.
- Thereafter, move over to the Accounts section and select the email account. After that, choose the Advanced Tab. Under the Advanced Tab, visit the option entitled as the Automatically Detect and maintain account settings. Then, execute the remaining steps as per the directions
Fix 8: Uninstall the Antivitus
This is the last and final solution for you. In case, none of the solution work, then you can try your last by means of uninstalling the third-party antivirus which may be causing the glitch. Now, in order to uninstall the antivirus, you will have to adhere to the undermentioned steps,
- The foremost step for you is to tap and hold the Options key. Thereafter, reach out to the Apple Menu bar.
- Thereafter, navigate to the Application Tab.
- Once into the Applications Tab, try to locate the third-party application that is causing the problem and click on it on locating the same.
- Following this press the Uninstall button. Thereafter, put in your passcode. Then, press and click the OK button thereafter. The moment you do this, the uninstallation process is going to initiate.
- Finally, after the successful completion of the entire process, you simply got to reboot your Mac PC.
With this, it is time for us to sum up. We sincerely hope this article proves effective and beneficial for your purpose. Besides, we have offered you tested and most effective solutions that will help you curb the glitch from the root. Furthermore, the workarounds we proposed are extremely simple and easy going and therefore, you won’t have any problems executing them. Thus, if you are encountering this sticky technical glitch, try out the workarounds listed above right away.