When your Mac is connected to the internet and network as well, then it will be assigned an internal IP address which signifies its location in the local network, and an external IP, which is the exact IP address of internet connection used by you. Read this blog about How to Find IP Address of Apple Mac? To find the IP address of your Mac computer as suggested by the Online Apple Mac Technical Support team.
4 Ways to Find Your IP Address on a Mac-
Method 1: Find the External IP Address of your Mac Computer-
- Launch the configuration page of your router.
- Then open the status of your router. This is the IP address which is assigned to your router by your ISP.
Method 2: Finding the Internal IP (for OS X 10.5 and Newer)-
- You need to click at the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and choose “System Preferences”. Then click at Network.
- Here choose your connection.
- Your IP address will be shown under the status of your connection.
Method 3: Finding Your Internal IP (for OS X 10.4)-
- First you need to click at Apple icon on top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and choose “System Preferences”.
- Choose your connection by clicking on Network.
- The final step is to click at the TCP/IP tab. Your IP address will be displayed in settings window.
Method 4: Finding Your Internal IP By Using the Terminal-
- Start or launch the Terminal by typing the ifconfig command.
- Type the command ifconfig | grep “inet ” | grep -v 127.0.0.1
- Your IP address will be shown in “inet” entry.
Why You Should Call Us?
Dial our Apple support toll-free number +1-855-648-2934 for remote online help for resolving technical issues relating to the Apple MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac mini, Safari Browser & Mac OS X.
Our MacBook Air Helpline number is available for different groups of customers using the Apple Mac. We offer complete customer satisfaction, and have a very good track record of resolving technical issues of our customers. Call us on our toll-free number+1-855-648-2934 and will receive our online remote technical help service at highly reasonable charges.