The aforementioned error code usually executes when users are trying to send email from Outlook for Mac 2011 which is results in server authentication problem. if users are sending or even if they are receiving emails with similar authentication details then, most probably the issue may be with the outlook database (*.olm) file as it has suffered from corrupting issues. So, here it is necessary for users to Fix OutLook Error Code 17897 in Mac with proper explanation. All the below steps are explained by Mac Remote Support technical team that are quite easy for users to understand. Also, users can easily repair the OLM file to fix up the error code faster. But, if users are unable to repair the OLM file then, they should consider below steps to fix the problems.
Steps to Fix OutLook Error Code 17897 in Mac
Step 1: Verification of the Account Settings
If users have recently configured their Outlook on Mac then, do ensure that all of the configuration settings are completely accurate. However, if your authentication process is accurate then, users should proceed to the next step to overcome the issue.
Step 2: Resetting the Authentication Mode
If your account settings are appropriate then, follow proper guidelines to toggle off and on the server authentication. To do this, follow below instructions guided by Mac Support technical experts.
- Open the Outlook for Mac 2011 and click the “Tools” menu.
- Now, choose the ‘Accounts” option as well as your email account and click the ‘More Options’ button which is just below the ‘Outgoing Server’ option.
- If the Authentication icon is visible then, one needs to set it to ‘None’ mode and then, tap the drop-down list to select the ‘Use Incoming Server Info’. Tap the “OK”.
- Alternatively, if the Authentication is set to Use Incoming Server Info, then click the drop-down list and select the “None” icon. Click OK.
- If in case, the Incoming server is entirely different then, it is advised to specify your username as well as password for working with the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Click the “OK’ icon now
- At last, for better results, users are advised to send a test mail to have a proper check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Related Blog: How to Fix Mac Error Code 8072 ?
Step 3: Change the SMTP Port
- Open the “MS Outlook” and perform all the below guidelines below:
- Click the “Tools” menu and then, choose the ‘Accounts’ icon.
- Choose the account and then, click to have a proper check on the ‘check-box Override default port” which is located just below the ‘Outgoing server’.
- Type an accurate port number.
- Now, have a proper check on the check-box by working with the “SSL’ to connect
- Exit from the window and then, re-launch the Outlook.
- Try to send a test mail to have proper check whether the issue is solved or not.
Connect to Our Technical Team at Mac Customer Care Service for Proactive Replies to issues
Get connected to our technical team at Mac Customer Care Support +1-855-648-2934 for world-class support solutions delivered by a talented team of expert team. We are available 24 hours to assist users in fixing up all types of issues with the right choice of solution. Call us anytime and get your problems solved out completely.