There are some users of iPhones who try to connect their iPhones with their computers but encounter the error we are about to discuss. No matter, whatever Operating System you are using whether it is the Windows or the Mac one, the error appears with the same message. There might be a lot of reasons behind the iTunes not recognizing iPhone iOS 10 error that you should know about.
Whenever you connect your iPhone with your computer, there’s a lot you can do via iTunes. From syncing the content of your phone to updating the device with its latest version, you can do everything. It even allows you to back up the entire data you have on your iPhone. When you tend to connect it with your computer to get all such flexibilities, it comes with the error. Don’t worry because in this article we are going to discuss how you can easily solve it within the minimum time taken.
Solutions to Fix iTunes not Recognizing iPhone iOS 10:
Coming with the most appropriate solution is what we’ll do in this section. So, before we proceed further with the solutions, take a USB cable and connect your iPhone with your computer and check if the phone is charging or not. If it’s not, then it implies that the cable you are using might be damaged. Try another USB cable and continue with the solutions.
Sometimes, the problem also relies on the charging port or the USB port of your computer. So in either of the circumstances, try different port and cable to connect to your computer. Only with an appropriate cable and USB port, you can move forward with the solutions. That’s enough of chitchat, let’s walk through the solutions you were looking for.
Solution 1 – Check Whether your iPhone Has the Proper Settings to Connect with a Computer
By the time, you find the iTunes not recognizing iPhone iOS 10 error, then the first and foremost thing to do is to check the settings of your phone. When iTunes is unable to recognize your device even after you have successfully connected it, there are a few things that you do. Check all the following steps and make sure that you have performed them well on your iPhone.
- You should make sure that your iPhone is unlocked and has the latest version of iOS.
- Check the computer whether it has the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Make sure that the device you have connected with the computer is in on condition.
- After connecting the phone, if it prompts an alert that says “Trust this Computer”, then give it permission by clicking on Trust button after unlocking the device.
- Check all the USB ports one-by-one to check if there’s one that would work. To do that, you might have to remove all the accessories from your computer.
If you have checked all the aspects as mentioned in the above segment, the error shouldn’t appear on the system anymore. But if it still exists on the system, then you can go through the next solutions.
Solution 2 – Check the System Report and Update the MacOS to its Latest Version (For Mac Users)
If you want to get rid of the not recognizing error of your iPhone, then follow the steps as mentioned below. The steps will help you to take the system report of your MacOS and the devices you have connected with it.
- Connect your iPhone with your Mac. Now, press and hold the Option key on your Mac until the Apple menu appears on the screen.
- From the list of options, select System Information or System Report whatever you see and click on it to check it out.
- As the report opens up, select USB from the list that appears on the left side of the screen.
- After that, if you don’t find your iPhone listed under the USB device, then you should get the latest version of the MacOs.
These are the things that you can do to make sure that iTunes recognizes your iPhone after connecting it with your computer. If you are not certain how you can update your MacOS to its latest version, then take a look at the following steps.
- Take your mouse cursor to the Apple menu. Select System Preferences from the appeared list of options.
- Under the System Preferences tab, click on the Software Update option to get to the Software Update menu of the Mac OS.
- As the Software Update menu opens, click on the Update Now button. Next, let the available updates installed on the system.
This is how you can update the Mac OS to its latest version provided that there are some updates available. Once you are done with the update process of your Mac computer, check if the error still appears on the system.
Solution 3 – Update the Device Driver of your iPhone (For Windows Users)
If you have installed iTunes on your Windows PC and connect your iPhone with it, then follow this solution as it will help you solve the iTunes not recognizing iPhone iOS 10 error. To update the device driver of your PC, you can follow the steps mentioned underneath.
- Connect your iPhone with your PC using a USB cable. Then, right-click on the Start button.
- From the appeared list, select the Device Manager option and click on it to open.
- As the Device Manager opens, go to the Portable Devices section and double-click on it to expand. After that, right-click on the Apple iPhone to select the Update Driver option from the queue window.
- Now, another window will appear. From there, you need to select the update automatically option to step further.
With all the steps as mentioned in the above section, you can easily update the device driver of your iPhone. After updating the driver, check if you still encounter the error. In case, the error continues to appear on the system, then try out the next solution.
Solution 4 – Reinstall the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver on your PC (For Windows Users)
Reinstalling the Apple mobile device USB driver might help to take you out of the annoying situation that you have fallen in. To do so, let’s take you through the steps as described below.
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone with the PC. Then, press the Windows and R key together to open the Run window.
- As the new dialog box appears, type in or paste the following command in its search box and press Enter key or click the Ok button.
%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- It will open another window in the File Explorer on your computer. From there, you have to locate a .inf file and then install it on the system. The name of the file is usbaapl64.inf if you have a 64-bit machine. If the machine is a32-bit one, then its name would be usbaapl.inf you have to install.
- After that, right-click on the file and select the install option. Further, if the system prompts, then give permission to the UAC by clicking on the Yes button.
Disconnect your iPhone and restart your computer. Thereby, you are done with the reinstallation process of Apple Mobile device driver. Now, you can reconnect your iPhone with your computer and check if iTunes recognizes your iPhone.
Falling in such iTunes not recognizing iPhone iOS 10 erroneous situation might be so frustrating, but with the solutions that we have discussed, you can get yourself out of it right away. We have discussed everything from the precautions you can take to the solutions you can follow to get rid of it. We hope, the article was able to guide you through all the steps in a precise manner to solve the particular issue you have faced.