iTunes error 39 is one of the most common errors of iTunes which you can encounter while updating the iOS version. Well, if you have already faced the error and want to resolve it, then, you are in the right place. This article consists of a step by step guide using which, you will be able to resolve the matter without any hassle. But before going to that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes, due to which you are getting this error. After that, you will be walked through the part of the solutions.
Causes for iTunes Error Code 39
This typical error generally occurs while you are trying to update the iOS version. Besides that, you can also encounter this error while deleting photos or videos from your device. There is more than one cause, that can lead to this error on your device. For instance:
- If you are using a corrupted version of your iOS, then, you can encounter this error on your device.
- In some cases, you can also encounter iTunes error 39 due to some inconvenience present in your photo gallery.
Now that you are aware of these reasons, let’s focus on the solutions to fix this particular matter without any hassle.
Solutions for iTunes error 39
Here is a step by step guide using which, you will be able to resolve error 39 on iTunes on your own.
Method 1: Resolve Photo Library
You can also encounter this error with your iPhoto Library. In case you sync from Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture library, then, you have to try to locate and remove the Photo Cache folders. In that case, you should try out these steps.
- At first, you have to go to the Username/Pictures/iPhoto Library and right click in order to show the package contents.
- Now, delete the folder iPhone (iPad) Photo Cache.
- Once done, connect your iPhone to your computer and sync it up with the iTunes.
After completing the above steps you need to check the stats of the error. If it still persists, then try out the next method.
Method 2: Remove Photo Cache in Windows
In order to remove photo cache in the Windows, you should try out these steps:
- At first, search for the hard drive in order to find or remove the iPod Photo cache folder or the Apple TV photo cache folder.
- After that, tap on the Windows key which is situated on your keyboard.
- Now, you have to tap on the magnifying glass icon, or you can tap on the search field.
- Once done, type “iPod Photo Cache” or “Apple TV Photo Cache,”. Next, hit the Enter button.
- In order to remove this folder, you need to select it and hit the Delete button from the keyboard.
- But, try not to change or remove any other file, because if you do so, then, you might lose data or corrupt your photo library.
If this error persists then, try out the next method.
Method 3: Check the Security Software of your Computer
Due to some settings within the security software of your computer, you can encounter this iTunes error 39 with your device. It can happen that, the third-party security software is prohibiting iTunes to perform its job. If such is the case, you have to check the third-party software. In some cases, you can also uninstall this third-party software to resolve this issue.
In case you have installed more than one third-party antivirus software, then, you have to uninstall one of them.
Method 4: Update the Software of your Windows PC or Mac
In order to resolve this matter, you should try to update your PC or Mac. For that, you should try to follow these steps:
If you are Using Mac
In case you are using a Mac, then, you have to go to the App store and perform these steps:
- At first, you have to go to Updates in the toolbar.
- If you notice that updates are available, then, you have to tap on the update buttons in order to download as well as install them.
Using this method, you will be able to resolve this matter on your Mac.
In the Case of Windows
If you are using Windows, then, follow these steps :
- At first, you have to go to the Start button.
- Locate and click on the All Programs option.
- After completing these steps, you have to click on the Windows Update section.
In this way, you will be able to resolve this matter on your own.
Throughout this article, experts have provided a step by step guide using which, you will be able to resolve this particular error on your own. In case, you encounter any kind of system glitches while performing these steps, then, you can leave a comment in the comment section. Share your valuable views with us. On that note, we are concluding this post. See you in the next one.