You must be thinking, what is 18 iTunes error? Well, 18 iTunes error customarily occurs when the device’s media library gets disrupted and cannot be updated or modified at the right time. Therefore, whenever you will try to download application iTunes will show “ The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-18)”.
In this article, we are going to discuss the causes of iTunes 18 errors and provide solutions to it as well. Hence, stick to the article and perform the methods to get rid of the error on the go.
Reasons for iTunes Errors 18:
iTunes errors can be generated by numerous reasons. However, here I listed some of them below:
- Firstly, these errors can occur if your device gets jailbroken. When your device gets jailbroken, your device may show that there is no storage in it and the memory is full, postponing the entire restoration process further.
- Despite that, iPhone errors can likewise happen due to different reasons like any corrupted media file in the device.
- Lastly, this error can also occur due to any problem with Find my iPhone feature.
Proven Solutions for iTunes 18 errors:
iTunes 18 errors can be resolved by several techniques. Here, is listed some of them below which can be beneficial for you:
Restore Your Data
The first solution to your issue is quite easy. Nevertheless, all you have to do is restore your data. For that, you have to follow the below steps:
- Select the Settings option
- Then go to the General tab
- Choose the Reset option
- After this step, reset all contents and settings
- Now, Hard reset your iPhone device
- Next, plug back into iTunes
- Finally, Restore your data
Deactivate Find My iPhone
An error may occur due to Find My iPhone feature as well. Therefore, it is significant to deactivate this feature before attempting to restore your iDevice via iTunes.
To deactivate your Find My iPhone you have to follow the following steps below:
- Firstly, open the setting app on your phone.
- Secondly, navigate to your account [Your Name] > iCloud.
- Lastly, look for find my iPhone option and deactivate it by using the switch which is present in front of the option
Restore via Recovery Mode
Another Solution for this error is to restore it via a recovery mode. It is likely that your iPhone will get restored with this recovery method without any issue. Hence, to restore via recovery mode you have to follow the following steps:
- First of all, turn your device off.
- Secondly, plug in your device into mac or windows while it is still off.
- After that turn the phone on and hold the home button as well as the wake or sleep button simultaneously. Make sure the device is turned on. With this step, your iPhone will go into recovery mode and reboot itself.
- Lastly, restore your iPhone with the help of iTunes. Well, this might solve your issue without any concern.
Update iTunes To The Latest Version
Another way by which you can get rid of this error is by updating the iTunes to the latest version. For this, follow these steps below:
- Firstly, open iTunes.
- After that, find the help option from the menu bar and check for updates option.
- Now, follow the prompts accordingly to install the current updated version.
18 iTunes error usually occurs due to several concerns. Mostly, the cause of such errors are due to some corrupted files in the device or if the device gets jailbroken and there is no such memory in the device.
The solution to these errors is various. Firstly, you can get rid of the issue by the restoration of data, or by updating it to the current version. Apart from that, you can also get rid of these errors with the help of restoration through recovery mode or by deactivating Find My iPhone.
However, it is always better to consult professionals who are well recognized in these matters. Let us know in the comments if these solutions helped you get rid of the issue.