Despite having all good features, still you can encounter many errors. One such unique problem about which there will be a discussion in this article is the “iPad error 9”. Basically, this error can come up when you attempt to restore or update the iTunes software. The error message that can come up, when this issue occurs is ‘The iPad “iPad” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9).”
There can be various reasons for the occurence of this issue. Some of the most common reasons are that if the iTunes application is up to date, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this problem.
Also, if the USB cable or port has any damage of any sort, then you can get this problem. Further, if the security software blocks the communication with the update server, then this issue can crop up and etc.
Possible Effective Methods to Rectify iPad Error 9
This article will provide you with various methods that will certainly help you to remove this problem in an easy way.
Procedure to Update the iTunes Application
If the iTunes application is not up to date, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this problem. Now, the best and simple answer to resolve this problem is to perform an update for the iTunes software. In order to do so, follow the below steps:
- First, open the computer and then double-tap on the ‘iTunes’ application logo.
- When a new window opens up, with the name ‘iTunes’, then go to the menu bar, located at the top of the window.
- After that, from the menu bar, choose the ‘Help’ item. As soon as you click on that option, then a drop-down list will appear.
- Now, from that list, locate and then, select the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- At this moment, the iTunes application will begin to search for updates. Next, follow the information on the application window and update the iTunes software accordingly.
- Once the update of the iTunes application is complete, then close and start the software once again.
- Lastly, attempt to update the iPad device and see if this error comes up or not.
Set Up the iPad Device Once Again
When you get the error 9 on the iPad device, then it can be due to some kind of internal glitch. Now, to solve this issue from ever occurring, all you need is to reset the iPad device. Here are the steps on how to perform it:
- First, unlock the iPad, then locate and tap on the ‘Settings’ application.
- Once the ‘Settings’ application opens up, then navigate and choose the ‘General’ option.
- When a new page that has a name ‘General’ comes up, then find and then select the ‘Reset’ option.
- Now, when another new page within the ‘Settings’ application, that has a name ‘Reset’ comes up. At this moment, choose the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ option.
- Next, there will be a prompt to enter the pass code. When the passcode is provided, then a Warning box will appear at the bottom of the screen, that says ‘Erase iPad’ written in red color. To remove all the contents of the iPad, choose that red button.
- Now, there will be a prompt to input the ‘Apple ID password’, once this is done, then the iPad will clean all its data from the storage.
- After the cleaning process is complete, then the iPad will start up with the initial setup screen.
- Finally, when the iPad device is set up according to your preference, then see if this error comes up or not.
Inspect the Security Application
When the security software present within the iPad device is unable to communicate properly with the update server of Apple, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this issue. The best way to resolve this problem from occurring is in the following:
- First, check if the iPad device can be identified by the iTunes application or not.
- Then, examine the settings of the security software and after that, be sure to see that the connection to the Apple Server is active.
- Next, check the time, date and the location of the computer, where the iPad is connected to. If they are not properly set then be sure to do that correctly.
- Perform an update of the security software on the computer
- Also, update the Windows Operating System and the iTunes software.
Examine the USB Port and Cable
Sometimes, due to a faulty USB cable and the ports, you might face the error 9 for the iPad 2 tablet. The best way to get rid of this problem is to perform a proper inspection of the USB cable and the port. To do that, follow the steps underneath:
- First, take the USB cable that came with the iPad device and then, look for any physical damage on the outer casing.
- Now, if there is any kind of puncture or slashing on the cable. Then, do replace that wire with a new one.
- If there is no physical damage on the cable and still, this error pops up, then inspect the USB port of the computer. Upon checking the port if there is some dust or foreign particles present inside it, then clean them using a lint-free cloth.
- Next, after cleaning of dust is complete, then connect the iPad on that USB port, if it works then OK. But, if the device cannot be connected, then try to insert the iPad on other USB ports present on the computer.
- Sometimes, if the lightning connector pin gets bent or has any scratches on it, then this error can come up. So, to get a permanent fix you need to replace the lightning cable or the port.
- If the USB connector is not so snugly inserted on the computer’s USB port. Then, also you can get this error. Now, the easy solution to eradicate this issue is to connect the USB cable to the port very securely.
The iPad 2 error 9 can be resolved easily if you follow all the methods on the previous section carefully and minutely. But, even after following all the steps in the last section, still, if you cannot able to resolve this issue at all. Then, do not worry a bit.
Just, provide all the details of your query on the comment section below this article. Then, get an easy fix from an expert.