Being one of the most prominent issues that certain Mac users face with their Mac devices, this one gets so much disturbing. If your Mac won’t boot, then you should know that there are a lot of aspects to know about. Sometimes, users face such a problem and directly asks for customer support. But, you don’t have to connect to any kind of support as here with the help of this article, you are going to fix it on your own.
You will be able to know all the reasons behind this erroneous situation that you are currently in. Even after checking all the cable connections of your Mac device, you might still face this issue. That’s why we are going to let you know about the main solutions that can help you to fix it. After reading out the article, you won’t have to fall in such an annoying situation in the future.
Solutions for Solving Mac Won’t Turn On Problem
As already discussed, there are many things that you should check before getting into the detailed discussion. If there’s a failed attempt of installing updates ever happened on the system, then the problem might appear. Whatever the reasons are, we are going to find them and solve it.
Here, in the following section, we are about to discuss the fixes that will help you figure out why your Mac won’t boot. Before you move on, make sure that you have plugged in the power cable to an electrical outlet and connect its other end with the device.
Fix 1 – Check the Charger Cable
Sometimes, you might face the error because there’s something wrong with the charger cable. Therefore, examining it carefully along with its full length is a great idea to follow. It will help you to find out whether the charger is intact and the connections are in its place where it should be. You should also check the AC power socket as it might be a faulty one that is causing the error.
Isolating the source of the problem might be a bit challenging, but you can find it. If your Mac device makes some noise apart from the sounds of the rotation of fans, then it might be a problem. It also could be the display which is why you cannot see anything on it. If all of these are good, then the problem shouldn’t be on the system. But if you’re still at it, then follow the next solution.
Fix 2 – Start in Safe Mode
As the name suggests, starting the Mac device in safe mode means there will be only the functions enabled after restarting it. It mainly limits those functions that prevent you from recovering the Mac OS. Most of the time, it is always the single most effective solution for certain circumstances that you face while using Mac. You can fix issues like Mac won’t turn on or it gets continuously crashed. To start your Mac device in safe mode, you can follow the steps mentioned underneath.
- At first, press and hold the Shift key along with the Power button to start the Mac device.
- After that, the moment the login screen appears on the screen, release the Shift key that you have been holding down.
When you are done with the steps, it will allow you to restart your Mac device in safe mode. You should now check if you have solved the issue with which you were dealing with on your Mac.
Fix 3 – Perform the Special Power Cycle
This is one of the most significant steps that has helped a handful of users to get the issue solved. This solution is for those users who have the power cable plugged in with the device and still, it doesn’t boot up. Therefore, using the special power cycle, you can restart your Macbook and solve the problem you are facing. There are a few steps that you should follow if you want to fix the issue.
- Unplug the power cable before proceeding further with any of the given steps.
- Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds to get into the cycle.
- Plug in the power cable again while you still pressing the Power button.
- Wait for another 10 seconds by holding the Power button until it gets started in its usual way.
This is how you can use the special power cycle to fix the Mac not turning on without any trouble. If it didn’t help you out to solve the error, then try out the next solution.
Fix 4 – Reset the System Management Controller or SMC
Whenever you are solving the booting problem on your Mac, you should know that there are many functions responsible for it. The SMC is such a feature that holds many of the ground level functions that make your Mac work. Among all those functions of the SMC, the display reactions, battery settings, and different power button functions are the most important ones. Resetting the SMC could help you fix major solutions even the one that you are currently facing with your Mac.
For the Macbooks Whose Battery isn’t Removable
- Plug in the power cord after shutting down your Mac and then press the Shift, Control, and the Power button altogether to start the Mac.
- Hold down the keys for about 10 seconds and as the logo appears on the screen, release them.
Macbooks with Removable Battery
- At first, take out the battery from the MacBook and press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds.
- Press the Power button again after re-inserting the battery in the Macbook.
For Desktop Mac
- Unplug the power cable and let it be as it is for about 15 seconds.
- Plug the cable back and wait for more about 5 seconds. Finally, start your computer.
These are the steps that will let you know how you can reset the SMC on your Mac device. Once you are done with the steps given above, you should then check if the issue still continues to appear on the system.
Fix 4 – Try the Recovery Mode to Get the Mac Won’t Boot Issue Solved
Even after following all the solutions as described in the above section, if you still face the issue, then this one might help. By going into the recovery mode of the Mac Os, you can easily solve the error that you have encountered earlier. There are some easy steps included that will help you solve the issue.
- Press and hold the Command button and press the R key while starting the Mac device.
- Keep the buttons pressed until the Apple logo appears on the screen along with several options.
- From the list of options, select the “Reinstall MacOS” option. Then, click on the Continue button.
Give the system a bit more time to load all the functions on it. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the recovery mode. In this way, you can get rid of the booting problem on your Mac.
That’s all you need to know about the steps to fix the issue Mac won’t turn on that was bothering you. In this article, we have discussed every aspect that you should be aware of the issue on your Mac. Once you perform the solutions in an appropriate way, then the error should not appear on the system any longer. Hope, the article could possibly help you find the solution you are looking for.