Mac screen sharing not working is one of the most prominent errors that different Mac users face. There might be a lot of aspects responsible for the occurrence of the error. Among them, bad internet connection or any internal glitch of the system can lead to these situations. No matter how bothering the issue is, there are certain fixes you can try. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss all the troubleshooting techniques which will make your task easier. Have a look at them:
Solutions to Troubleshoot Mac Screen Sharing not Working Issue
In the rest of the content, we have provided some practical methods that will surely help you to fix the Mac screen sharing not working issue. Check them out:
Solution 1- Use iMessage
This is the first thing that you should do to fix this issue. You can use Apple’s iMessage chat to troubleshoot this issue. Through the messaging app, you can quickly share the Mac screen with another party.
While sharing the screen, the other party can control your computer by requesting access, for this, you need to grant permission. Here are the steps that you should apply to fix the problem.
- In the beginning, you have to install the Message application and from there you have to click on the ‘Preference’ tab.
- After that, a new window will appear on the screen and after that, you have to log in with your Apple ID
- Then, you have to start a new chat with the person with whom you want to share the screen.
- On the top right of that window, you can see a lot of options, from there you have to click on the Details option.
- After that, you have to click on the Screen Sharing button. It will lead you to a new page.
- From the new page, you have to select the ‘Invite to share my screen’ option.
- Now, the third party has to accept the request. Once you confirm the request, then a face-time audio call will begin in front of the screen. Now, you can chat with the other party.
You can also use the app icon, which is located on the menu bar. So, you should look at the top right corner of the Mac screen. Once you find it, then click on the Allow button.
Then, exit from the page and reboot your machine, and then check whether the Mac screen sharing not working issue still irritates you or not. If not, then move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Use “Back to My Mac” Tool
If the above solution does not work for you, then we suggest you use “Back to My Mac” Tool. This is a very easy process if you use more than one Mac device. iCloud has an inbuilt tool which is known as “Back to My Mac” Tool. So, if you want to overcome Mac screen sharing not working issue, then you have to enable this feature. To use this tool, look at the steps which are given below.
- In the beginning, you need to make sure that you are logged into the iCloud. Then, navigate to the System Preference.
- On the same screen, you have to make sure that the “Back to My Mac” tool is enabled.
- Now, again go to the System Preference and after that, you need to navigate to the Sharing section.
- In the Sharing section, you can see a lot of options, from there you need to click on the Screen Sharing option.
The machine that you want to access must be turned On, but not necessarily signed in. And, in case if you use the computer directly, then you can log in with the “Back to My Mac” tool.
To access the computer at first, you need to set the “Back to My Mac”, then launch the Finder. Then, go to the Shared heading.and under this look for the computer.
In case, you have already disabled the Finder sidebar, then you have to navigate to the View option. After that, click on the Show Sidebar to enable it. In case, you are unable to see the Shared section, then go to the Finder section. From there, click on the Preference option. Then, click on the Sidebar option. After that, enable the “Back to My Mac” tool, under the Shared heading.
Once the computer appears in the Finder sidebar, you should click on it. Now, the Share Screen will appear at the top of the window, you should click on it and wait for sometimes.
Now, a new window will appear on the screen of your computer and when the connections get stable, then you can control the machine.
After that, you will successfully get rid of this Mac screen sharing not working issue.
Solution 3- Change Remote Management Setting
If you are not comfortable with the above two solutions, then here is another alternative for you. So, at first, go to the Apple menu, and then select the System Preference. Then, navigate to the Sharing option. In case, the remote management is selected, then you have to deselect it. As you cannot operate both the Screen Sharing and Remote Management at the same time. So, you have to mark the dialog box which is located beside the Screen Sharing tickbox. Now, you need to specify who can share your screen. So, you should choose any of the following.
- All User:- Anybody can share your screen, except the guest users and sharing only users. In case, the Mac is connected with a network account server, then anyone who is connected with the server can share the screen.
- Specific Users:- If you applied this condition, then only a specific person can see your post.
If you only select the Only these users, then you have to click on the Add button, then try any of the following.
- Choose a user from the Users & Groups
- Select a user from the Network Users
Now, to set an additional option for the screen sharing, you should click on the Computer Settings option, then choose any of the following:
- Anyone may request permission to control screen
- VNC viewers may control screen with password
After that, the Mac screen sharing not working issue should be resolved.
We believe with the help of the above solution you can quickly resolve this issue. However, if you think, you can not apply those on your own, then we suggest you not to waste your valuable time and rely on a professional to get the prominent solution on this.