If you notice, Mac can’t find wireless printer, then don’t be frustrated. This is one of the most common errors which you can encounter while trying to connect your Mac with a wireless printer. Well, if you want to resolve this matter with some simple hacks then, you are in the perfect page. This article consists of a step by step guidance, which will help you out. But, before going to that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes. After that, you will get to know about the solutions to fix when Mac printer is not connected, even after following proper steps.
Causes for Mac Can’t Find Wireless Printer
You can encounter this particular error with your device. For instance-
- Due to some glitch present in the printer driver.
- In some cases, you can also encounter this error, if there are any glitches present in the printing system.
- You can also encounter this error due to some glitch present in the Airprint.
Once you become aware of the causes now, let’s focus on the solutions.
Fixes for Mac Cannot Find Printer Error
Here is a step by step guide using which you will be able to troubleshoot this error on your own.
Method 1: Check the Status of Airprint
If you encounter any kind of glitches while printing via Mac then, try out these steps:
- At first, you need to restart your Wifi router. After that, you have to restart your printer also.
- Now, you have to move your printer closer to your Wifi router.
- In this case, you can also update your printer, as well as, the Wifi router with the latest firmware from the manufacturer.
Method 2: Update the Software of Mac
You can also update your Mac in order to resolve this matter. For instance-
- At first, you have to choose the System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- After that, you have to tap on the Software Update, in order to check for the updates.
- In case, if you notice that, any updates are available, then you need to click on the Update Now button, in order to install them.
- Otherwise, you can also tap on the ”More info”, in order to see the details for each update. Now, you have to select specific updates which you want to install.
In case, if you noticed that the software update says that your Mac is up to date, then it means MacOS and all of its apps are also up to date.
If you want to update your MacOS automatically, including the apps downloaded from the App Store, then you need to choose the ”Automatically keep my Mac up to date”. In this case, Mac will send notifications to you at the time of the need of your system.
Method 3: Connect the Printer using Cable
- In case, if your printer is connected with Mac with the help of a cable then, you need to disconnect the cable from your Mac.
- Once done, you need to turn Off your printer.
- After that, you have to be sure that you have installed the latest version of MacOS.
- Now, you have to reconnect your printer with your Mac.
- Once done, you have to turn On your printer, as well as, you have to wait for some time until it finishes the startup process.
- Now, you have to select the Apple () menu, as well as, go to the System Preferences.
- Once done, you have to tap on the printer in the list of devices.
If this error persists even after performing these actions, then try to follow the alternative method.
Method 4: Reset Printing System
You can also reset the printing system, in order to resolve this matter. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- At first, you need to select the Apple menu.
- Now, focus on the System Preferences option.
- After that, you have to tap on the ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- In this case, when you are holding down the Control key on your keyboard, you need to tap on anywhere in the list of devices.
- Now, you have to select “Reset printing system” from the menu which appears.
Method 5: Remove Printer Driver
If you are unable to resolve this matter, then you need to remove the printer driver. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to choose the Go option from the menu bar, in the Finder.
- Now, you have to go to the Folder.
- After that, you have to type “/Library/Printers/”, as well as, click on the Go option to continue.
- Now, you will be able to see the printers folder will open.
- Here, you have to select the Edit option, as well as, go to the Select All, using which you will be able to select all of the items situated in the printers folder.
- Now, you have to tap on the File.
In this case, take note that you can delete the folder named New Folder with Selection. Further, it puts all of the selected items into a new folder with its items.
After removing your printer driver, try to check the status of the error. This time you will definitely resolve this matter without any hassle.
Here are some instant hacks, using which you will be able to resolve this matter on your own. In case, if you encounter any kind of system glitches while performing these hacks and tricks, then you can leave a comment below. Share your valuable thoughts with us.