Are you getting errors like Mac app store not working? Sometimes it also happens that you are not able to use the Mac app store. You might be facing this type of error after updating your MacOS. Actually, this is a very common type of error that occurs due to old cache files which might have not been updated correctly while updating the Mac operating system. Therefore, in this post, we will be discussing some of the best and accurate solutions to fix this error. If you want to fix your error and solve it with ease, then go through this article right below.
Methods to Fix Mac App Store Not Working Issue:
You will get a lot of methods to resolve Mac app store update not working issue on the internet, but many of them are not useful and can even harm your PC. So, if you want to fix this issue with the guaranteed safety of your PC, then follow the below-mentioned methods.
Ensure that your PC is not having any network issue and it is connected correctly to the network. You can even try to load some websites in any of the browsers just to make sure that your network connection is not having any issues. If you are not able to load any website, it means that you have a network connection issue. To troubleshoot this network connection issue, follow the steps:
- First of all, reboot your Mac.
- Switch OFF and ON your router.
- Disable your WiFi and then enable it again.
- Connect to your network. You can now open your Mac app store.
Sometimes network connection problem may also lead to Mac app store not working error. Try to troubleshoot your network connection problem with the steps provided above. However, if this network connection was not the reason for this error, then try the next method. It will surely solve your problem.
Go to the top of the Menu bar and launch iTunes. Navigate to the Account section and Sign out from there. After getting signed out sign in back again. Check now if your problem still exists or got solved. If it still persists, then follow the next method.
If both of the above methods failed to work, then try Sign out from App store and then sign in back.
Sometimes, using a VPN may also lead to this error. Therefore, we recommend you to disable your VPN and see if Mac app store started working or not.
Try updating your MacOS. If your system is running on MacOS Mojave, then navigate to the System Preferences. Then, click on Software Update followed by Check for Updates error. If an update is available, then download and install it properly.
Correct the date and time settings on your Mac. To update the date and time, go to System Preferences and click on the Date and Time option. Tick the checkbox containing “Set date and time automatically”.
If you are still not able to operate the Mac app store properly, then follow the below steps on your Mac.
- Launch the Keychain Access app by clicking on the Applications Utilities.
- Under Keychain Access go to the “System Roots”.
- Now, double click on the “DigiCert High Assurance Ev root CA” and select “Trust”.
- An extension list will appear. Modify “ When using this certificate “ from “Use system defaults” and click on “Never Trust “.
- Reboot your PC.
- After rebooting follow the above 4 steps and modify “ When using this certificate “ to “ Use System Defaults “ back again..
- Launch your App store and check if it started working properly or not.
If all the above 7 methods did not work for you. Do not worry, we have another method to fix this Mac app store update not working issue. This method is surely going to solve your problem. Just follow the instructions.
- Launch Finder.
- Navigate to the top of the menu bar and click on Go, followed by Go to Folder.
- Type the code “ /var/db/crls/ “.
- Now tap on the <Go>.
- A list of files will appear. Delete the cache files “crlcaches.db ‘ and “ ocspacache.db “. it will ask for the administrator password. Type the password and grant the permission to delete these cache files.
- Following this further, restart your Mac now and check. Your App store will work normally.
Concluding this further, we hope that you must have got a solution to fix the Mac app store not working issue. Following all the above-mentioned methods step-by-step can hopefully fix this issue. Therefore, if you were not able to fix this issue in the first attempt, then try to implement all the methods again. You will surely see the changes.
We presume the content might have been able to tell you which methods you should consider resorting to if you want to get rid of the sticky App store not loading Mac issue. Apply them and make a difference in the situation you are in. If you need to read about related topics, please stay tuned to our posts.