iTunes error 5507 is quite a common problem for Apple iDevice users. This error encounters mainly at the time when you are trying to turn on the home sharing feature in the iTunes application of an iPhone. An error message appears on your screen while saying “home sharing could not be activated because of error occurred (5507)”.
This error might appear due to the problem with two-factor authentication / 2FA in the Apple account. Sometimes, the problem may occur because of the Wi-Fi network issue.
If you are dealing with such situations, then you should try out the methods that we have mentioned in this article. Go through the next part where solutions have been described.
How to Fix Home Sharing Error 5507?
Here in the part of the article, we are going to provide some potential fixes that can help you to fix your problem with home sharing error 5507. Go through the below steps to know the solutions in details.
Solution 1: Follow the Manual Procedure to Fix the Error
If you are experiencing iTunes home sharing error 550, then you should try out the steps that we have described in the following part of the article.
- At first, press the Win key + R button from your keyboard to evoke the Run dialog box.
- Then, write down firewall.cpl in the appearing dialog box. This will help you to open the firewall.
- Thereafter, verify whether everything of the firewall is highlighted in green or not. If you find that the firewall highlighted up into the red, then you should follow the instruction which is guided by the onscreen prompt.
- After that, choose the Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall option. Otherwise, you can click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall button. At the next step, select the Change settings option.
- Then, verify if iTunes is chosen under both of the private and public networks categories. Thereafter, select the Bonjour option only for the Private network.
- If you did not find out the options that we have mentioned in the above part of the article, then you need to click on the Allow another app option. Otherwise, you can also click on the Allow another program option.
- If you are unable to find the iTunes, then move on to the location C:\Program Files\iTunes\” and select iTunes.exe and add it to the list.
- After that, choose the Ok button to close the Windows firewall. Then, check the Windows update and verify if any driver software is missing or not.
Solution 2: Restart AMDS or Apple Mobile Device Service
If you failed to perform the steps that we have mentioned in the previous part of the article, then you should try the steps that we have described below in this article. This will help you to fix the problem with Apple error code 5507.
- At first, close the iTunes and any other devices which are connected with your computer.
- Then, open the Run dialog box while pressing the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard.
- Then, write down services.msc in the dialog box that appears on your screen. This will help you to open the Service list. Look for the Apple Mobile Device Service option from the appearing list of results and right-click on that option.
- After that, click on the All Tasks option and restart your computer. Further, check if the problem with error code 5507 is resolved or not.
Through this article, we have tried to present all the possible solutions that may help you to fix your problem with iTunes error 5507. You should apply the steps that we have mentioned through our entire article and get rid of the problem easily.
If you face any trouble while performing the steps, then let us know in the comment section below. If none of the methods help you to fix your problem, then you should contact the experts.