iTunes error -39 is one of the common but severe issues faced by Apple users. When you try to sync the data from your Apple device to another or to another Windows device, then you may often encounter the iTunes error. Even, you can see the update error while you are trying to perform update process for iTunes to the latest version. Moreover, the device starts to lag and stops to respond after a certain time. Not only that, the iPhone starts to freeze on a frequent basis and you won’t be able to fix this issue without technical steps. Here, we are going to discuss the steps to overcome the iTunes -39 permanently.
Significant Causes for Error 39 iTunes
There are several reasons that are responsible to create the iTunes error -39. Here, we are going to talk about the significant causes that help you to identify the problem at the very initial stage of the issue.
- Strong firewall setup creates the iTunes error -39 as it prevents the iTunes app update process.
- Outdated iTunes app can create a barrier to launch the iTunes app window on the Apple device.
- Version incompatibility between iTunes and the iPhone sometimes becomes a problematic factor and thus results in error 39 iTunes very often.
- Malware issue is another problem which responsible for creating problems in launching the iTunes app. It creates multiple unnecessary copies and corrupts the system files. Thus, it infects the files and folders as well. As a result, iTunes comes up with the various unexpected error message that is harmful to your iPhone device.
Fix Error 39 iTunes with Technical Ways
There are lots of ways to fix the iTunes error -39 technically. Moreover, these steps will enhance the performance of iTunes.
Re-configure Firewall Settings
- Switch on the Apple device and launch the Apple menu by tapping on the Apple menu icon.
- After that, locate the System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Next, click on the ‘Security & Privacy’ option and go to the System Security window.
- Tap on the Firewall tab from the resultant window and open the Firewall Settings.
- Now, unlock the panel from the lower left corner by entering the correct Administrator ID and passcode.
- Click the ‘Turn on Firewall’ and enable the Firewall.
- Now, click the Advanced button and customize the Firewall configuration.
- When done, close the window and check whether the iTunes error -39 is resolved or not.
Upgrade iTunes app
- Open the iTunes app by tapping the iTunes icon from the Apple gallery.
- Select the Help menu from the Menu bar and click on the ‘Check for Updates’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now, locate the latest version of iTunes, which is compatible with the Apple device.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions and install the latest version of iTunes.
- Finally, reboot the Apple device and try to launch an app to check whether the iTunes error -39 persists or not.
Update the iPhone
- Plug the iPhone device into the power and connect the device to the WiFi.
- Now, click on the Settings option from the resultant window and choose the General tab from the next window.
- Next, click on the Software Update option and click on the Automatic Updates under this section.
- Tap on the ‘Download & Install’ tab under it. Remember, it will take a lot of memory space to store it.
- Hit the Continue button and start the Update program download process.
- Then, click the Install button and it will take a few minutes time. So, you can set a schedule to perform the installation program.
- When done, it will reboot automatically and you need to enter a correct passcode.
- Finally, confirm the password to launch the iPhone gallery and check whether the iTunes app is working properly or not.
Reinstall the iTunes
- Connect the Apple device to the PC and launch the Control Panel window on the screen.
- After that, open the ‘Programs & Features’ from the resultant screen and click on the ‘Uninstall a program’ from that list.
- Here, you can see a list of applications that are installed in the system and choose the iTunes app installer file from that list.
- Then, select other files related to the iTunes software and right-click on them.
- Next, click on the Uninstall option from the pop-up menu and tap the YES button to confirm the iTunes removal process.
- Now, reboot the iPhone after performing the uninstallation program successfully.
- Next, double-tap on the browser window by tapping on the Browser icon and go to the official website.
- Here, you will get the latest version of iTunes, if available. Choose the correct version as per your iOS device and click on the Download button.
- Now, double-tap on the downloaded folder and run the iTunes installation file. It will take several minutes to complete the entire installation program successfully.
- Finally, try to launch the iTunes and check whether the Error 39 iTunes persists or not.
Run System Security Software Update Program
- Right-click on the antivirus icon and launch the antivirus screen by tapping on it.
- Click on the Settings from the Antivirus User Interface and tap on Update from the left pane of the window.
- After that, select the option on how the updates are carried out and choose the option Automatic Update from that drop-down list.
- Now, tap the Download button and it will start to run the Software program. The process will take a few minutes to install the update. Make sure that your Apple device has enough storage space to install it.
- When done, restart the iPhone and check whether the iTunes app is opening or not.
In the above article, we have defined the process of how to overcome the iTunes error -39 effectively. Moreover, we have discussed the significant reasons for this annoying issue. So, we hope this content will be helpful enough to assist you to tackle all the issues associated with iTunes without any technical hassle.