iTunes error 3194 is one of the annoying issues which users encounter while upgrading their iPhone or other iOS devices.
The upgrade session is a seamless process. But, at times, the sudden appearance of the error code can stir a sense of frustration in the users’ minds.
During this time, you cannot upgrade nor proceed to restore the iPad or iPhone. On noticing this alert message, the next immediate measure that users take is to seek solutions. Mostly, without knowing the basic indication that the message renders.
It is necessary for all to bear some idea of the issue and its probable causes. This can quicken the pace of the troubleshooting procedure.
Therefore, adhere to the article’s instructions and the information that it aims to deliver.
More About the Error 3194 of iTunes: The Indications and Causes
The alert message flashing the error code denotes a complication in the upgrade procedure. At times, the session halts halfway through its operations.
Furthermore, when one attempts to initiate the iOS update, the application crashes both on smartphone and computer. But, all this happens due to some reason.
Due to some malfunction somewhere in the system, the problem transfers like a ripple. And before troubleshooting it, one must note the probable causes which induce the problem.
This error code generally appears when iTunes fails to establish a connection with Apple’s software update servers that are employed to activate iOS while upgrading or restoring.
If there is an issue with the iOS on the device, then also the error code tends to appear and annoy the users. Now, the reason may be the possible modification of the iOS or the expiry of the current version of the iOS.
However, now that you hold some idea about the error as well as its potential causes, you can proceed to the next section which holds the troubleshooting procedure in details.
4 Quick and Effective Ways to Resolve the iTunes Error 3194
In order to fix the frustrating error, one must adhere to the underlying procedures.
Each method holds dedicated steps which you must adhere to and implement with care. Therefore, without further delay, let us proceed to the necessary and effective solutions.
Method 1: Update iTunes
Since the error code is related to the update issues directly, the primary step which you must take is this.
You must proceed to update the iTunes just when you see the message. At times, the outdated version of iTunes tends to clash with the Operating System. Therefore, updating iTunes can lead to treat the issue comprehensively.
The older version of the iTunes hinders in the establishment of the connection that you require. That is why you must update it and then check if the issue lingers.
For troubleshooting the error 3194 in iTunes, follow the underlying steps.
- Firstly, launch the iTunes application.
- Then, when the window appears, head to the section of Help which fetches a number of options.
- From those, locate the option for Check for Updates.
Finally, leave the application to do the job on its own. Wait for some time and allow the session to complete.
Then, check if the issue is resolved and if not, proceed to the next method which is sure to fight it off.
Method 2: Inspect the Host Files
In this procedure, we suggest that the users check the host files. To do this, follow the instructions that follow underneath.
Step 1: Quit iTunes in your MAC/Windows system.
Step 2: Launch the host file which possesses administrative rights.
For Windows, head to the path that follows: “c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts”
For MAC, the path: “/ect/hosts” is what you must proceed to.
Step 3: Locate the 184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com entry. Now, this redirects the procedure of signature verification to the Cydia servers.
It is the lack of this redirection or the presence of it that induces the error 3194 in iTunes.
- In case you have 220.127.116.11 gs.apple.com present at the file’s bottom, then add a “#” to the front.
- Now, in case you don’t find the line, make sure to add 18.104.22.168 gs.apple.com at the bottom of the host file.
Finally, proceed to save the host file and after that try to update iPhone via the iTunes. Most probably, the error will refrain from appearing again.
Method 3: Change the Host Files
In case the last methods weren’t as productive in bringing about the desired results, make sure to try the current procedure.
Now, we would like to give you a heads up! This method is slightly critical. So, while implementing the steps, be extra cautious and alert.
The error 3194 of iTunes takes place when it cannot connect to the Apple servers. The host files present in your system is associated with the way the computer accesses the internet. Now, a file misconfiguration can induce the problem.
And simply editing the file can resolve the issue. For that, the underlying steps will guide you.
- Firstly, quit iTunes. After that, proceed to launch the host file. On Mac, open the Terminal and then type “ sudo nano /private/etc/hosts” and then hit the Return button. And on Windows, browse to system32\drivers\etc and then double-click on the host file.
- If the system demands a password, type it. Then, locate the host file entry for the gs.apple.com. However, if you don’t find it, simply skip to the next procedure.
- If you did, continue to add “#” and after that hit the spacebar at the beginning of the “gs.apple.com” line.
- Next, Save the file. Simultaneously, press the Control as well as the O button.
- Then, proceed to Close the Terminal program or the file.
- Restart the computer system.
- Finally, try updating the iOS device once again.
This procedure is sure to bring favorable results. But, if it doesn’t, the next procedure surely will produce the change that you desire to notice.
However, if you find the entire procedure hectic or too complex, you can simply employ the expert assistance of a technical expert. That option is always open to you.
Method 4: Inspect the Network Connection & Security Software
The common complaint that the iPhone could not be restored for error 3194 is related to a networking issue. And because of that, you must make sure that the network is fine.
Moreover, you have to ensure if the network configuration isn’t causing it. And for that, you must adhere to the following steps.
- Firstly, confirm that the internet connection that your system is connected to is working as normal. This is primary since if you aren’t online, you fail to reach the servers of Apple.
- Then, proceed to disable or uninstall antivirus or security programs like Firewall. They have the tendency to block the flow of connections to some servers. However, enable or reinstall them once you are done.
- Next, Restart the system and the modem as well.
- Now, if you are using a Wi-Fi connection, make an attempt to connect directly to the modem through the Ethernet. This would confirm that the Wi-Fi isn’t causing the issue.
In this way, you can resolve your queries and complaints stating that the iPhone could not be restored for error 3194. Simply stick to the instructions and make sure to not skip a single step.
Some of the methods are slightly critical but are 98% effective in troubleshooting the issue.
The sight of any error tends to annoy the users. Such issues cease the otherwise normal workflow and hinder the basic functions that they need to run.
And that is why this article aims to provide thorough information for the users to rely on fix the issue completely. From the basic data regarding the problem, the potential causes which induce it, to the thorough solutions.
With the above-mentioned procedures, you can troubleshoot the issue. And you no longer have to complain that your iPhone could not be restored for error 3194. Therefore, make sure to implement them with caution.