iTunes Error 0x80004005 is one of the irritating issues of iTunes. If you face it, then you know how problematic it feels. If this is the error you are facing, then this article will guide you with the complete result-oriented methods to solve it. So, better not to waste time and proceed with this article.
What Causes iTunes Error 0x80004005?
When you try to burn your playlist from iTunes to a CD and meet with the error code 0x80004005, then the first question which probably lingers in your mind is “what is the reason for it”. Here, in this section, you can clarify your doubts. The identified reasons which are responsible for the iTunes error 0x80004005 are as below:
- Antivirus conflict: This is one of the irritating causes which are identified by the users for the error code 0x80004005.
- The version of iTunes you are using: If you have not updated the iTunes timely, then this can be the factor for which you are stuck with the error 0x80004005.
- Problem with the iTunes application itself: It is a rare case. It may be the case that you are getting the error code 0x80004005 for the fact that the iTunes application is running through a glitch.
- Problem with the music files: If you are trying to burn a file which does not even play normally, then this will be the case for which you are getting the error. In this case, try to burn a different file to get the error fixed.
Whatever be the case, try these below methods one by one. Because with the application of these below methods, many of the users get rid of the error.
Methods to Fix iTunes Error 0x80004005
Here, in this section, you will get to learn the effective methods of iTunes error 0x80004005. So, without worrying about the matter, try these below fixes.
Method 1: Update iTunes to Fix Error 0x80004005
This is the first method which you can rely on to fix the iTunes error 0x80004005. And, the steps to follow for this method are as below:
- Firstly, open the iTunes application.
- After that, go to the menu bar and select Help from the available options.
- Next, under Help, click on “Check for Updates”.
- Then, wait until the checking for updates is over.
- If an update is available, then this will open up the update downloading window. Click on the download to proceed further.
- As the downloading is over, follow the onscreen instructions to install the iTunes update.
Hopefully, after going through these above steps, you can fix the iTunes error code 0x80004005. In case the error still persists, then motivate yourself to not lose hope and in place try these further methods.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes
Most of the iTunes users solve the error 0x80004005 with the application of this more time-consuming method. So, before proceeding with this method, make sure you have enough time in your hand. Now, let’s not waste time and proceed with the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall iTunes
This is the foremost step which you need to perform to begin the method. So, check out these below lines to learn it:
- At first, open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows and the letter R key both at a time (Win+R).
- After that, press the Backspace key once to ensure there is no command left on this Run bar.
- Next, on the Run bar, type ‘control’ and click on OK or hit the Enter key. This will get you the Control Panel window open on the screen.
- Next, make sure that the “View by” section is set as Category. And if not, then do it by dropping down the menu beside to “View by” and select Category.
- Now, from the available options under the Control Panel, click on Programs> Programs and Features.
- Then, as you visit the installed programs list window open, search for iTunes.
- After that, right-click on iTunes and select Uninstall. Next, as the confirmation window gets open, again click on Uninstall, to end the task successively.
As you complete the uninstallation process of iTunes, now ensure that there is no folder present related to it. And for this follow this next step.
Step 2: Ensure the Absence of iTunes Folder
The steps to confirm there is no presence of iTunes folder are as below:
- First of all, open the Run dialogue window with the help of Windows + R keys.
- Again, press the Backspace key, to ensure no presence of commands on the Run bar.
- After that, on the Run bar type “%programfiles%”, and then click on OK. This will navigate you to the Program Files section of the Control Panel window.
- Next, here under this Program Files section search for the iTunes folder. And if you get it, then right-click on it and select Delete. As well as confirm it, if you get a confirmation window open.
These are the overall steps to ensure the absence of iTunes on Windows. After completing this, go for the downloading and reinstalling process of iTunes.
Step 3: Disable Antivirus to Download iTunes without Restriction (Optional)
This is an additional step which you can skip. The reason behind this step is to ensure that no disturbance will occur during the downloading process of iTunes. So, if you are interested to perform this task, then the steps which you need to follow are given below:
- At first, go to the antivirus icon form the taskbar. If you can’t find it over there, then search it on the taskbar tray. The upward arrow icon which is located near to the extreme right-hand corner is termed as the taskbar tray.
- After getting the antivirus icon, right-click on it. This will open up a menu. From this menu, navigate the pointer to antivirus shields control. Then, you will get the antivirus shields control related window. From the available options, select the one for which period you want to keep the antivirus software disabled.
After disabling the antivirus, continue with this further step.
Step 4: Download> Install> Log in Into Apple Account
Now, launch a browser and verify the internet status at first. And to do this, using a browser try to open a music video. If it plays without any loading issue, then it indicates that the internet is working properly.
After checking this internet status, now using the browser, navigate to the iTunes download page. Here, from this page, search for iTunes which is of latest version as well as fulfill your device requirements. After getting the iTunes application, download it. Remember that during the downloading process, no disturbance must arise. Because a disturbance during the downloading process can lead to an incomplete installation.
Further, as the iTunes application gets downloaded, navigate to its location. And, click twice on the iTunes setup file. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install it in a proper way. Next, open the application and provide your Apple ID details, to gets log in into your account. As you are done with these whole steps, hopefully, you will see that the error gets resolved.
Method 3: Try a Different Playlist from iTunes to Burn the CD
Sometimes, it is found that an error with the playlist settings of iTunes is responsible for the error 0x80004005. If this is the case, then you can get rid of it by following the proper steps to burn the CD via iTunes playlist. Here, in this below section, you will get to learn the appropriate steps with the help of which you will be able to create a playlist to burn to CD.
Appropriate Steps to Make your Own CDs with iTunes
The steps you need to follow to make your own CDs with iTunes are not that hard. You can perform it easily by studying the instructions written in these below steps. So, without wasting time, check it out.
Create a Playlist in iTunes to Burn to Compact Disk (CD)
The steps are quite simple for performing it:
- First of all, open the iTunes application.
- After that, go to the File menu. And from these available options, click on New>Playlist.
- By doing these aforesaid steps, you will get the new playlist in the left column of the iTunes window. Now, here you need to enter a name for this playlist.
- After that, press the Enter/Return button to save it with this name.
Include Songs to the Playlist
Now, as you have already made a playlist folder following the above steps, this time you need to add songs within it. And there are two different ways with the help of which you can add your favorite songs in this playlist folder. But first of all, you need to go to the music library to get the songs which you want to add.
Way 1: You can use the drag and drop technique. And for this, you just need to drag the songs one by one to the playlist folder which you will see in the left-hand column.
Way2: Or else, right-click on the songs one by one and then select the “Add to Playlist” option from the menu window. This will open up the playlist lists, select the one of which you want to add the song.
Note: You need to select the songs in a sequential manner of which you want to get them on the CD. There are different options for the sorting process as well in iTunes, which are as follows:
- Name: This will arrange the songs by its alphabetical name sequence.
- Genre: This will help you to get the song arrangements according to the alphabetical genre name, grouping songs from the same genre.
- Year: This will arrange the songs according to the date of its releasing.
- Artist: This will arrange the songs according to the alphabetical name of the artists. Also helps you to grouping songs by the same artist name.
- Album: Helps to get the songs arranged according to the alphabetical series of the album name.
You can use the iTunes shorting facility as well. And the steps you need to follow for getting these sorting options are: Click on “View”> Short By> Select your choice> Done
Insert a Blank CD and Choose Burn Settings
Now, the first thing which you need to do is to insert the CD into your computer. After that, as it gets loaded, click on File. Next, under the available options, select “Burn Playlist to Disk”. After doing this, if you are using iTunes 11 or later version, then you will get a pop-up window to customize settings when burning your CD. The settings options which you will get are as follows:
- Preferred Speed
- Disc Format
- Interval Between Songs
As you have completely made the settings, click Burn to continue. Then, you will able to see the burning process in the center of the iTunes window. Now, it is done successfully, you will get a response from iTunes with a beeping sound. Now you can use your CD to listen to music.
Hopefully, after going through this article, you can able to resolve the iTunes error 0x80004005. Also, you can able to make your own CDs using iTunes. So, make your day awesome with listening to your favorite playlist using the CD which you create on your own.