iPad error 9006 generally occurs with the iTunes application. When a user tries to download, restore or update an iPad, the whole process suddenly freezes and iTunes sends an error message showing “There was a problem downloading software for the iPhone. An unknown error occurred (9006).”
If you are you dealing with the same error and looking for a perfect solution, then you can follow this article as an immediate troubleshooting guide. The methods provided in this article will help you to fix this error instantly.
6 Methods to Fix iPad Update Error 9006
Here are some excellent methods, which will help you to overcome this error on your own. Try to follow the fixes one by one, until you get your iPad fixed.
Method 1: Update your iTunes version
It can happen that you are getting this typical error if you are using an older version of iTunes. As a result of which it is getting incompatible with your device. So, you need to update the iTunes version you are using to resolve this error. Follow these instructions to update your iTunes version:
- First of all, open iTunes and go to Help.
- Now, tap on the Check for update option.
- Once you notice an update is available, agree to the update and then follow the on-screen instruction in order to install the latest version of iTunes on your device.
After completing these steps, try to check the status of the error. If it persists, try to follow the next method.
Method 2: Check Network Connection
You can also encounter this error if you are connected with a glitched internet connection. If such is the case, you should check the internet connection, whether it is functioning properly or not. If you are using a WiFi, check if the router and modem is working correctly.
Most of the times, checking and correcting network glitches can be a tricky business. So, you can always connect with a reliable technician to check and apply corrective measures to resolve this error.
Method 3: Reboot the iDevice
You can also reboot your iDevice, to resolve this error. Follow these steps:
- First, press the Power (sleep/wake) button of your iDevice.
- Once you notice the Power slider displayed on the screen, you need to use it to turn Off your iDevice.
- After that, you need to use the Power button again to reboot the device.
If due to some reason, you can’t turn Off your device, you need to restart it forcefully. So, follow these instructions:
- Firstly, press and hold the Power and Home key at the same time until you notice the screen goes black.
- After that, you will find the Apple logo appearing on the screen. Leave the button and your device will restart automatically.
If this 9006 error still persists on your device, try to follow the next method.
Method 4: Download the IPSW File
If iTunes fails to download the IPSW file, then also you can get this iTunes error 9006 on your device. So, you can resolve this issue by manually downloading that file and then use it to update or restore the iDevice. Try to follow these instructions:
- Firstly, you need to download the IPSW file from the official site. Make sure that, the downloaded file is compatible with your iDevice.
- Once you complete this action, you need to open iTunes and go to the summary section.
- Next, you need to tap and hold the Shift key and then tap on the Update or Restore option as per your choice.
- Now, it will open the file browser which will ask you to select the IPSW file.
- Go to the folder where you have saved the downloaded file and choose it.
After that, your device will start updating or restoring the iPad and hopefully, the error 9006 will be resolved.
Method 5: Reset the TCP/IP (for Windows 10 systems)
This is generally an internet connection related error. Hence, running some commands specific to resetting the winsock and rebuilding the DNS cache might help in resolving this glitch.
- In the Command prompt, try to run these commands in the listed order. Hit Enter after each.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
- After running these commands, check if this issue persists or not. If the issue is not fixed by this method, try to follow the method discussed next.
Method 6: Make Sure that the Firewall is Not Blocking iTunes
You need to be sure that iTunes is not blocked by the firewall. In order to check this, try out these steps:
- Firstly, press the Windows key on your keyboard. In case, you notice there is no Windows key, you need to press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys at the same time.
- Tap on the magnifying icon or search field. After that, in the search field, you need to enter firewall.cpl.
- After that, Tap on firewall.cpl which is present in the search result. Now, you will find that the Firewall window will open.
- Now, tap on the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” (Windows 10 and 8) or “Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall” (Windows 7) and then tap on “Change settings.” option.
- After that, make sure that iTunes has been selected for both private and public networks, and that Bonjour is selected for private networks only.
- In case you notice, that iTunes or Bonjour isn’t listed, you can try to click on the “Allow another app” (Windows 10 and 8) or “Allow another program” (Windows 7).
- If iTunes is not listed, tap on the Browse option and then navigate to the iTunes program.
- If the Bonjour isn’t listed, tap on the Browse option and then navigate to the mDNSResponder, which is in C:\Program Files\Bonjour\.
- Once you select one of the programs, tap on the Open option.
- After that, tap on the Add in the Add an app window (Windows 10 and 8) or Add in the Add a Program window (Windows 7).
- Now, in the Allowed apps (Windows 10 and 8) or Allowed Programs (Windows 7) window, tap on the OK button.
- After that, you need to close the Windows Firewall window.
After completing these steps, hopefully, this 9006 error will be fixed.
You can utilize the hacks that we have provided here to fix iPad error 9006 quickly and easily. Try to follow each and every step carefully. If you need any further guidance to resolve this error, you can always contact an expert. If you are aware of any other fix, you can leave that in the comment section below.