Normally, upgrading your iPad to the latest iOS version or restoring it from backup, is a pretty smooth process. Just by following a few steps your device will be up and running. But in some cases, you may encounter the iPad error 3194 in iTunes.
As the error code occurs, you won’t be able to restore or update your iPad. However, you need to redo the process. In case the error code still occurs, then you need to fix it with our step by step guide. Moreover, this error is also seen in the iTunes application.
Therefore, you can follow this article to the end in order to know all the methods to fix the issue. Additionally, we will also study the causes that will lead to the occurrence of this issue. Hence, you can proceed to the next section of the article below.
General Causes that Lead to the Error Code 3194
Before you try to jump to the solution part of the article, it is important to know the causes of the issue. By doing this, you will be able to fix the issue in an efficient way. Therefore, you can now follow the causes that we are going to discuss below:
- In case the Apple servers are down, then you can be interrupted with this error code.
- Also, if the iTunes application is out of date, then also you can get this error code.
- In addition to that, if the iTunes application is somehow corrupted due to virus attack, then also the issue can occur.
- If the hosts file of the system is incorrect or corrupt, then also the issue can occur.
- Incorrect internet connection settings can also lead to the error code.
- Using the jailbroken device for updating or restoring can also lead to the issue.
- If the Windows Firewall restricts the iTunes to function then also the issue can occur.
Therefore, these are the causes that you must know in order to fix the issue easily. Henceforth, you can move to the solution part of the article.
Simple Methods to Fix the iTunes/iPad Restore Error 3194
In this section of the article, you will get all the error fixing methods to resolve the issue. Here, you want you to follow all the given steps of the method in order to get the issue resolved in the simplest way. Hence, proceed to the following section to get hold of the methods:
Method 1: Try to Check the Hosts File
Here, you can try to edit the hosts file. By doing this you will be able to fix the issue easily. However, this method is fairly a complicated one and requires your full attention. Hence, you are not tech savvy enough to perform this method, then follow the steps that we have provided for you.
For the users, we have explained this method into two parts. One for the Windows users and the other for Mac users:
Part 1: For Windows Users
- First of all, close the iTunes application completely.
- Now, proceed to the following path: C:/ Windows/ System32/ drivers/ etc/.
- On arriving here, double-click on the hosts file in order to open it in Notepad.
- Next, you have to look for 208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the bottom.
- On finding it, enter # in front of the line.
- In case you cannot find the address, then you have to enter #208.105.171 gs.apple.com.
- Then, click on the File menu and then click on the Save option from the list.
- Close the Notepad and then, reconnect your iPad to the system to check if the issue occurs or not.
Part 2: For Mac users
- In the Finder section, select the Applications option.
- After that, click on the Utilities option. Then you have to open the Terminal.
- Now, type the command “sudo nano /private/etc/hosts” and then, press the Return key.
- If prompted, enter your Mac system password and then again hit the Return key.
- Now the hosts file will be displayed on your screen. Next, look for “gs.apple.com” entry.
- On finding the entry, enter # with a space in front of the entry.
- Finally, to save the changes, press the Control key and the O key at the same time.
- After that, press the Return key and then press the Control key and the X key at the same time. This will close the Terminal.
- Now, restart your Mac system and then connect your iPad to Mac in order to check for the issue.
We expect that you will resolve the issue on your own. In case the issue still persists, then proceed to the next section.
Method 2: Update the iTunes application to its latest version
Updating the iTunes application to its latest version can help you to fix the issue instantly. Hence, it is advisable to perform this method right away. Therefore, the steps of the procedure are mentioned as follows:
- At first, open the iTunes applications on your system (both Windows and Mac users can follow these steps).
- As the iTunes application opens, click on the Help tab on the top menu bar.
- After that, click on the Check for updates option from the drop-down list.
- Now, allow the iTunes application to check and automatically download the latest updates.
- As the update downloads, iTunes will automatically install them. However, you have to wait as this process takes a lot of time.
- Once done, restart the system. As the system reboots, check if the error code still occurs or not.
So, this is how updating the iTunes application will help you to fix the issue easily. For other fixing methods proceed to the next part.
Method 3: Allow the iTunes application through the Windows Firewall
Allowing the iTunes application through the Windows Firewall will help you to resolve the issue easily. Hence, you can perform the method with the help of the steps below:
- First of all, open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Inside the Control Panel window, navigate to System and Security section.
- In the next step, search for the term Allow a Program through Windows Firewall.
- After that, click on the Allow another program option.
- Now, locate the iTunes application and then click on it to add on the whitelisted programs list.
- Close all the windows and then check if the iTunes error code persists or not.
We hope you will fix the issue on your own with the steps above. However, follow the next part of the article in order to avail other methods.
Method 4: Disable the Windows Firewall
In case the previous method does not resolve the issue then you can disable the Windows Firewall. This will allow the iTunes application to run freely. Hence, the steps that you can follow are mentioned below:
- Open the Run box by using the Windows logo key and the “R” keys simultaneously.
- Now type “Control Panel” in the Run box and then hit the Enter key. This action will open up the Control Panel window.
- Now locate and choose the System and Security section.
- In the next step click on the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- After that, navigate to the left pane and then click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- In the next step, click on the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) check box. This checkbox will be available under both the Private network settings and Public network settings sections.
- Finally, click on the OK button and then restart your system.
- As the system reboots, you can proceed to check if the error code still shows up or not.
So, this is how you can disable the Windows Firewall in order to fix the error code. In case you want to follow other methods then move to the next section.
Method 5: Remotely Reset the iPad
In order to get rid of the issue, you can try to remotely reset the iPad device. Therefore, to learn the steps of the procedure, you can follow up on the following section:
- Open any web browser on your system and the open the iCloud website.
- After that, use your Apple ID and password to log into the iCloud website.
- Now, open the Find My iPhone service in iCloud. Then click on the Al Device option and then select your iPad device.
- In the next step, click on the Erase button in the iOS device’s card and then confirm the action.
- Once done, the Ipad will start to reset.
- Finally, connect the iPad to the system to check if the error code still occurs or not.
Hopefully, now you will be able to fix the iPad error code on your own.
So, these are the methods that you can try out in order to troubleshoot the iPad error 3194 instantly. Moreover, these methods which we have provided are best in class. Also, these methods deliver the solution right away. Hence, we expect that you will not face any issue with these methods, However, if the issue occurs, then you can get back to us through the comments section below. Thus, we will get the help of the professionals.