iOS Maps is a built-in useful app that helps to track the device’s current location. Moreover, it is very helpful to track any important locations that act as guidance to reach the destination with this Map service. Besides this excellent performance, some of the common but major technical hassles make it complex to handle. Therefore, you can come across the unexpected error message iOS maps not working and it becomes difficult to identify the correct location. Moreover, the iOS device starts to lag automatically. However, we are going to outline the significant issues behind it with effective solutions that help to overcome this app issue efficiently.
Critical Issues Behind iOS Maps Not Working Error:
Lots of minor technical glitches become the most critical factors among the users when they are trying to launch the iOS maps. The following reasons are responsible for the iOS maps not working problem that helps you to solve the issue very easily.
- Sometimes, the iPhone stops responding due to the update error. Therefore, the apps of that iOS device get stuck with the error.
- If you forget to enable the WiFi connection or keep disable the cellular data, then the iOS 10 Maps Not working may appear.
- Disable of the GPS button and location services create an error in locating the places on the map.
- Network setup error on the iOS device is one of the main reason for this annoying issue.
- A slight change in network settings won’t able to detect the location of the device.
- Location and Privacy setting error on the iOS device is another issue for making this technical glitch.
- The network connection error is one of the significant issues that fail to connect the GPS and shows the connection error at the time of opening the maps app.
Resolve iOS 10 Maps Not Working Issue with Some Technical and Proven Ways:
Some of the effective methods have been described below that will help you to overcome the iOS maps not working issue immediately. Moreover, the following steps have the capability to handle this annoying situation by avoiding all the technical errors. So, you might perform the processes below and enhance the GPS program functionalities effectively.
Restart the iPhone Device
- In the case of the iPhone 7 or the latest version, press the Wake/Sleep button and Volume button together. Wait until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Then, launch the iOS Maps on the screen and try to access it.
However, for earlier iPhone devices, you need to press the Home button instead of the Volume button and wait for ten seconds to reboot the iOS.
Re-launch the iOS Maps App
- Double-tap on the Home button and activate the multitasking interface.
- Now, locate the Maps app from the Menu items and close it by swiping on it.
- Wait for a few seconds and re-open the app and check whether the Apple maps not working iOS 10 got fixed or not.
Verify Wi-Fi Signal
Verify whether the Wi-Fi signal is steady or not and try to launch another online app and check whether the same problem appears or not. If it still persists and the signal toggles or drops on a frequent basis, then try to contact the ISP for a technical fix.
Check the Wi-Fi and Cellular Data Status
- Open the Apple menu and launch the Settings window by tapping the Settings app from the screen.
- Next, choose the WLAN from the Settings window and click on the option entitled with “Connect to a stable Wi-Fi Network”.
- Then, it will search for a steady connection and choose the Wi-Fi network which you want to connect.
- Now, choose the Cellular option from the Settings window and turn on the Cellular data by moving the slider to the ON position.
- When done, close the Network Settings window and connect the iPhone to the internet. Now, verify whether the iOS maps not working issue is fixed or not.
Refresh the iPhone Location Services
- Open the iOS device and touch the Apple icon from the display.
- Launch the Settings window by tapping on that specific icon from the Apple menu.
- After that, go to the Privacy section of the window and disable the “Location Services” by togging the ON button to the OFF position.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn it on and check the connection status. If the signal is showing the internet connection, then try to open the Maps from your iOS device to verify the problem.
Verify the GPS Button
First, check whether the GPS button is enabled or not. If the location tracker is turned off, then tap on the GPS icon and activate the location services. Now, your device can be recognized by the in-built iOS Map. Therefore, you can find out your current mobile location.
Give Access Permission
- First, tap on the Settings icon from the Apple menu displayed on the iOS device display.
- Now, click on the Privacy button from the Network Setting window.
- Next, tap on the Location Services and check its status.
- Then, select the option While Using the App or Always and give permission to access the location services for your favorite apps.
- When done, close the window and check whether the iOS Map is working properly or not.
Modify Cellular Data Setup
- Launch the Settings app on the Apple screen on your iOS device.
- Next, go to the cellular section and tap on it.
- Now, click on the Cellular Data options from the Cellular Data Settings window.
- Here, you need to check the connection status. If your device is not supported the LTE connection or if you see that the network signal is not fair in LTE connection, then turn it off.
- You can set the Network type as Automatic that can avoid the connection hassle.
- Finally, close the window and check whether the iOS Maps not working problem gets fixed or not.
- Re-enable the LTE connection after resolving the iOS Maps issue.
Reset Network Settings and Location Privacy
- Click on the General tab from the Settings window.
- Next, click on the Reset button and open the Reset window on the screen.
- Then, tap on the Reset Network Settings from the resultant window. It will start to perform the network customization process. Then, go back to the General setup window when done.
- After that, click on the Reset option again and choose Reset Location & Privacy Settings from the Reset titled page.
- Click on the OK button and save the current changes. Close the setup window and open the Maps app to verify whether it is working or not.
Restore the iPhone
- First, connect the iPhone to the PC and run the iTunes app by tapping on its icon.
- Now, select the iPhone device from this app and choose the Summary option from that window.
- After that, click on the Restore iPhone from the next window.
- From the Restore iPhone window, click on the Restore button and erase all the data and perform the Factory Settings on the iPhone.
- Remember that it will remove all the data from your iOS device and wait until you can see the successful message on the reset process.
In the above article, we have discussed the critical issues regarding iOS Maps with its major major effects. Moreover, we have given effective solutions to overcome this annoying issue. So, we hope this content will help you to resolve the iOS Maps not working issue within a limited timeframe. If not, then you can come in contact with a professional to eliminate this error completely.