iOS 10 FaceTime problems are quite common these days. Many Apple users face different types of problems while using the FaceTime app on their iOS 10 devices. Most of the times, those problems are caused by some simple software malfunctions and settings mistakes. But in certain situations, the problems of the FaceTime app are created by hardware issues like a faulty camera or any other damage part.
Now, if you are one of those users who is encountering iOS 10 FaceTime problems on your Apple device, then follow this article to know about their possible solutions.
Main Reasons for iOS 10 and iOS 10 Beta FaceTime Problems
There are many kinds of issues that you might face while using the FaceTime app on your iOS 10 device. In this section, we have provided some of the reasons behind those FaceTime app problems. Have a look at them.
- Apple Server is down due to maintenance work.
- A new update is available for the FaceTime app and the OS of your device.
- FaceTime app is deactivated on the iOS 10 device.
- The Internet connection is down.
- Sound service is disabled on your device.
- Improper Network settings and Apple account synchronization issues.
- Date and time are incorrect.
- SIM card installation and service issues.
- Flesh date is set on the wrong mode.
- Restrictions on the FaceTime app.
- Hardware problems.
Now, if you have analyzed all the problems of the FaceTime app, then let’s have a look at its solutions.
Solutions for iOS 10 FaceTime Problems
In order to solve iOS 10 FaceTime problems, you can try various types of solutions. However, only a few of them will deliver you a satisfying result. In this section, we have provided those positive ones for you. So, have a look at them and apply them as instructed.
Fix 1. Check the Apple Server
While using the FaceTime app, if you encounter any issue, then the first thing you should do is check whether the Apple servers are working or not. In certain situations, the Apple server stops working due to a system fault or maintenance work. As a result, you face problems with the FaceTime app. That’s why before applying any kind of major solution on your iOS device, you should verify the current status of the servers.
To do that, you need to visit the official website of Apple. But if you don’t find an issue listed over there, then try the other solutions given in this article.
Fix 2. Check for New Updates
The second thing that you should do is check is the app version. In the majority of cases, FaceTime app encounters issues due to OS incompatibility or update release. To fix these types of issues, you need to visit the Apple AppStore or Settings to verify whether an update is available for the FaceTime app or the OS of your device.
However, if both of them are up to date then its menus anything else is causing problems in the app and to resolve them you should try the other solutions mentioned in this article.
Fix 3. Activate the FaceTime on your iOS Device
Now, if the FaceTime app refuses to start working, then it quite possible that the app is deactivated on your iOS device. This is a very common problem and many iOS device users commit these type of mistakes quite often. Now, to fix this Settings mistake, follow the given instructions.
- First, open up the Setting window by tapping on its app.
- Then, tap on the FaceTime option.
- The FaceTime Setting window will appear on the screen. There, you will find a switch beside the FaceTime option. Tap on that switch, to activate the app.
After that, sign-in to the Apple account with your Apple ID and password. And also, check whether your cell number and Apple ID are listed underneath the FaceTime option or not. If not then connect them with the FaceTime app by tapping on the Add Another Email option. Now, if you are trying to use the FaceTime app over the cellular date then turn on that option by following the given steps:
- Open the Setting window and tap on the Cellular option.
- In the Cellular window, locate and tap on the Use Cellular Data For option. This action will launch its window on the screen.
- There, you have to find the FaceTime option. Now, next to that option, you will find a switch. Tap on that switch to activate the cellular feature.
Now, go back to the main menu and launch the FaceTime app to check the existence of the issue.
Fix 4. Check the Internet Connection Status of your Device
If all the above-mentioned things are working properly, then it might be possible that something is wrong with the internet connection of your iOS device. This one of the most common cause of the iOS 10 FaceTime problems and that’s why you should verify it before reaching any major conclusion.
To fix this connection issue, turn off and on your Wi-Fi and cellular data. Then, relaunch the FaceTime app to verify the existence of the problem. Now, if you are still having issues with the internet connection, then reconfigure your DNS and to perform that follow the given steps:
- Launch the Setting Window on your iOS device.
- Then, locate and tap on the Wi-Fi option to open up its window.
- There you need to select the network fro which your device is connected and then tap on the Configure DNS option.
- Now, tap on the Manual option.
- In the Manual window, tap on the Add Server option and enter the following DNS numbers into their respective box: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
Once you have done that, tap on the Save button to save all the changes. Now, check the FaceTime app once more in order to know about its other problems.
Fix 5. Turn on the Sound
If you are unable to hear any sound while making a call via the FaceTime app, then it is quite possible that the microphone of your iOS is set as mute. To turn on the microphone, follow the given steps:
- Go to the Control Center and look of a bell icon.
- If the icon is highlighted in a color that means the mute feature is active on your iOS device.
- Tap on that option to deactivate the mute feature.
After that, check whether the sound issue is fixed or not.
Fix 6. Reset your Apple Account and the Network Settings
Sometimes, users are unable to connect with the FaceTime app or get the Connecting error notification without opening the app due to Apple account synchronizing issue. To fix this problem, follow the given steps:
- Tap on the Setting App to open up its window.
- Then, enter into the FaceTime window and turn it off.
- Now, wait for a few seconds, and turn it on again. A message will appear on the screen saying “waiting for activation”. During this, enter your Apple ID and passcode, if asked. Then, check for the stats of the issue.
If the FaceTime app is fixed, then you are good to go. However, if not, then follow the given steps.
- Go to the Setting window and tap on the General option. The General menu will open up on the screen.
- There, you need to tap on the Reset option and then select the Reset Network Settings.
This thing will reset the Network Settings to factory defaults and you need to re-enter your WiFi credentials in order to connect with it.
Fix 7. Set the Date and Time to Automatic
In some situations, iOS 10 FaceTime problems start appearing due to improper Date and Time Settings. This is a minor mistake but effects a lot of apps including the FaceTime. In order to fix this mistake, follow the given steps:
- Enter into the Setting window and tap on the General option. This action will open up the General menu.
- There, you need to tap on the Date & Time. This action will open up the Date & Time window on the screen.
- Now, in that window, you need to tap on the switch next to the Set Automatically option.
After that, tap on the FaceTime app to check for any problems.
Fix 8. Re-Configure the SIM
In some conditions, the FaceTime app is able to recognize your email address but, it is unable to detect the user’s phone number. Now, if you are facing this kind of problem with the FaceTime, then follow these steps:
- Remove your SIM card and then wait for a few seconds. Then, re-insert the SIM card in your smartphone and check for the error.
- Now, if the issue still continues to exist then, Log out from all those Apple services which require Apple ID and password. Then, reboot the device and log-in to the FaceTime app.
- After that, reset the Network setting and reboot the device once more. Then, open up the FaceTime app and check for the issue.
However, if even after doing the above things, the FaceTime app still shows you this error message then try putting someone else’s SIM card in your iOS device and check whether the issue still exists or not. If not, then it means your SIM card is facing some kind of connection problem or network blockage issue. And to solve that, you should contact your carrier.
Fix 9. Check the Fetch New Data and Block List
In certain situations, the iOS users are unable to receive any call on the FaceTime app even after there is a good internet connection. Most of the times, these types of call service issue happens due to some improper app settings. So, to rectify them, you can follow the provided steps.
- Launch the Setting Windows by tapping on its app.
- Then, click on the Mail app. There, you have to enter into Accounts windows and to do that, tap on the Accounts option.
- In that window, you need to check whether the Fetch New Data option is set to Push or not. If not then, tap on it and set it into Push mode.
However, if this method is unable to resolve this call receiving issue, then try the alternative steps:
- Tap on the Setting app once more and enter into the window.
- Then, tap on the FaceTime option to open its window. There, you need to tap on the Calls option.
- Now, in the Calls window, tap on the all Blocking & Identification option.
There, you will find a list of all those numbers which are blocked on your FaceTime app. Now, if you want to remove any number from that list, then select that number and tap on the Unblock option. After doing this, the call issue should get solved in the FaceTime app.
Fix 10. Disable the Restrictions
In some cases, users have found that iOS 10 beta FaceTime problems occur on their Apple device due to permission issues. And, it might be possible that the same thing is causing problems in the FaceTime app of your iOS 10 device.
Now, to fix this problem, you need to remove all the restrictions from the FaceTime app by following the given steps:
- Launch the Setting App and tap on the General option. This will open up the General menu on the screen.
- There, you need to locate and tap on the Restriction option. This will open up the Restriction window on the screen.
- Now, in the Restriction window, tap on the Disable Restrictions option.
Once you have that, go back to the Home screen and launch the FaceTime app to verify if the issue still persists.
However, if all the methods mentioned in the above section are unable to fix the problem of FaceTime app on your iOS 10 device, then there is a big chance that your Apple device is facing some kind to hardware issues. Therefore, in order to fix those issue in the most efficient and effective manner, you should contact an Apple technical expert.
We hope our suggestions and solutions are able to help you with iOS 10 beta and iOS 10 FaceTime problems. For more tech-related articles, keep following our upcoming posts.