App won’t open on Mac is one such issue that is a very common glitch for the Mac users. The device without any prior notice fails to execute the commands. The application on the Mac device won’t open even after following the accurate process. By any chance, if you are also encountering the same issue, then you have to resolve it at the earliest possible. Keeping that in mind, here, we are going to discuss the method that will surely help you to get rid of the error at the instant. Thus, try each and every process and check which one is perfect for you.
Reasons Responsible for App won’t Open on Mac
If you go through this article you will be able to know that there are multiple reasons that are responsible for this particular issue. If you want to experience an error-free device then know the causes and solve the issue as soon as possible. Have a look at the causes and know more about it.
- If you are using an outdated version of the Operating System, then it may crash with the device and won’t allow opening any application as well.
- Due to an unstable or poor internet connection, some application may not open on your Mac device as well.
- In case, if that particular application gets outdated, then it also creates the same issue. So, it is highly recommended to use the latest version of the applications.
- If your device contains too many applications, then it can restrict you from opening those on your device and leave you puzzled.
Before going to the methods you should remember some basic things in your mind. However, you have to perform the preliminary troubleshooting as well. So let’s start:
- Do not forget to restart your Mac device more than once and check if the issue gets solved.
- You may use another browser and check the faulty area.
- Disabling all the extensions can sometimes solve the issue.
- Check that you are using the latest version of the application and also verify whether the app is compatible with your Mac or not.
Reliable Methods to Fix App won’t Open on Mac
Do not get perplexed if you are encountering the same issue with your Mac. You can easily get rid of the error by following the solutions that we are going to provide in this segment. Have a look at the methods and execute them exactly the same as stated.
Solution 1: Clear Caches and Cookies
By any chance, if the browser gets overloaded with cookies and caches, then it is quite possible that you may face the same issue. So, as soon as possible you need to clear out the caches and cookies.
- The very first thing you have to do is to launch a Finder window from your device.
- After that, navigate to the “Go to Folder” option and click on it.
- Now, click on the search box and type “~/Library/Caches~” in it.
- Then, tap on the Enter button form the keyboard. It will help you to proceed with this folder.
- Now, check the small boxes of each folder and clean out everything.
- After that, you have to repeat the same method as stated above. But, change the subtitle as: /Library/Caches.
- Be sure that, when you complete the cleaning method, you can’t restore them as well.
- At the final step tap on the Empty icon and keep waiting for a while.
- Now, check if the application won’t open Mac issue gets resolved or still showing up on the screen.
Solution 2: Turn off all Extensions
By any case, if you are encountering the issue after performing the first method, then go through this one to fix the issue. Thus, you have to disable the option manually by executing the steps.
The first thing you have to do is to open the Chrome and go to the User Data folder by clicking on it. Then, select “File preferences” folder. You can find this option under the Text Editor tab. Next, scroll down to the line which is starting from the Settings blocks. You need to block all the extensions in the settings by clicking on the options one by one. At the final step, verify whether you are still confronting the App won’t open on Mac or not.
Solution 3: Rectify the Compatibility Issue
In case, if the above methods are not sufficient to fix the issue, then you can go with this one. You have to check the compatibility of the applications that are installed in your device. To do the same, the first and foremost thing you have to do is to navigate to the Apple menu and click on it. After that, move to the “About This Mac” option. You can see whether the applications are compatible with the device or not. You have to delete the applications that are incompatible with your device.
Moreover, you have to check for old 32-bit applications on your device too. First of all, you need to start the Apple Menu and then navigate to the “About this Mac” option. After that, choose the System Report and scroll down until you see the list of applications. Now, choose the Applications icon. You can find this option under the Software section. Keep waiting for a few seconds to see the list of downloaded apps. Mark tick on the applications you want to remove. After deletion of the applications, check if you are still encountering the same or not.
Expectedly, you can definitely fix the “application not opening Mac” issue completely. But, in case, if you find any sort of difficulties while performing the steps you can post about it in the comment box below. Else you can seek an expert’s help as well.