One of the favorite things about getting a new iPhone is that it is very easy to set it up just like the old iPhone. There is a feature that helps you to transfer everything from the old iPhone to the new one. But in case you are wondering how to transfer data from one iPhone to another then follow this guide.
Hence, you can proceed to the next section of the article below.
Reliable Methods for How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone:
Here in this section of the article, you will get all the methods to transfer the data from one iPhone to another. Hence, follow the steps without missing any of them. This is to ensure that there is no interruption in the data transfer process. Hence, you can now have a look at the methods that are given below:
Method 1: Transfer data through Quick Start
If both the iPhones are running on iOS 11 or higher then you can follow the steps given below. The Quick Start can transfer all data including content, apps, and videos. Hence, do the following:
- First of all, insert your SIM card into your new iPhone. After that, switch on your new iPhone and then bring it close to the old iPhone.
- Now, you will see the Quick Start popup window on your old iPhone. Here, you will get a choice to set the new iPhone using the Apple ID.
- Check the Apple ID and then tap on the Continue button. Once an animation appears, tap on the Finish button on the new iPhone.
- When asked, enter the old iPhone password on the new one and then follow all the on-screen instructions to set.
- Finally, enter the Apple ID password in order to continue the process.
- Then choose to restore apps, data, and settings on the new one.
So this is how you can transfer the data from one iPhone to another with the help of the Quick Start.
Method 2: Transfer Date through iTunes
In the second process, you will get the steps to transfer data through iTunes. Hence, you can take help of the steps that are discussed below:
- In the first step, connect your old iPhone to the system in which the iTunes application is installed.
- After that, click on the Device icon and then click on the Summary option.
- Now click on the Back Up Now option. This step will back up all the data from the old iPhone to the iTunes backup.
- When the backup process is over, unplug your old iPhone.
- Now, insert your SIM card into your new iPhone and then plug it into the system.
- Now on the iTunes application click on the Restore from iTunes backup option. After that, click on the Next option.
- Then, click on the correct backup and then select the Restore button.
- Once the process finishes, all the data will get transferred to the new iPhone.
Therefore, this is how you can transfer data to the new iPhone through iTunes.
Method 3: Try to transfer data through iCloud
Here, you can also use the iCloud to transfer data from one iPhone to another. Therefore, the steps that you can perform are stated as follows:
- At first, connect your old iPhone to the WiFi network.
- Then, proceed to the Settings app and then tap on your name. After that, tap on the iCloud option and then navigate to the iCloud Backup section.
- Now, wait for the process to finish and then insert the SIM card in the new iPhone.
- In the next step, boot and set up your new iPhone and then proceed to connect to a WiFi network.
- After that, on arriving on the Apps & Data screen, choose Restore from iCloud Backup option.
- Now, sign into your iCloud account and Apple ID.
- After that, choose the backup that you have made just now and then wait for the process to finish its task.
- Once done, all the data will be transferred to the new iPhone.
Hence, by performing the above steps will help you to transfer data to the new iPhone.
Method 4: Transfer apps by using the App Store
In case you have purchased apps from the App Store that you need to transfer then you can follow this method. Here, you can use this App Store to transfer apps to the new iPhone. Therefore, the steps that you need to follow are listed as follows:
- In the first step, open the App Store on your new iPhone.
- Now tap on your photo at the top right corner of the screen.
- After that, tap on the Purchased option. Then, hit the “Not on this iPhone” tab which is located on the top of the screen. Here, you will see all your purchased apps that are not installed on your new iPhone.
- Next, tap on the download symbol next to the app and start the download process.
So this is how all the apps will be transferred to the new iPhone.
Method 5: Transfer Photos and Videos through AirDrop
In another case, you can transfer photos and videos by using the AirDrop feature of Apple. Hence, to perform the process you can follow the steps below:
- On your new iPhone, go to the Settings app and then scroll down to General option.
- Now, tap on General tab and then find the AirDrop feature. Next, set it to Everyone in order to receive the photos and videos.
- On your old iPhone, proceed to the Photos app.
- Select the photos and videos that you want to share and then tap on the Share symbol.
- Now, tap on AirDrop and then select the new iPhone name.
- Tap on the Accept button on the new iPhone in order to allow the transfer of photos and videos.
- Once done, all the photos and videos will get transferred.
Hence, by using the AirDrop feature you will be able to transfer photos and videos to the other iPhone.
To conclude, these are the effective methods that you can deploy in order to transfer data from one iPhone to another. Hence, follow all the steps of the methods so that you can complete the task with less effort. Moreover, by using these methods you will not encounter any difficulty. In case of additional help, you can get back to us through the comments section below.