While you are trying to browse something using Safari, one of the most common errors which you can encounter is Safari 403 forbidden access is denied error. This error generally occurs when your device fails to connect with the Safari due to various reasons.
The main reason to encounter this error is a network connectivity issue. Besides that, you can also encounter this error due to some glitch present in the Safari browser.
Currently, if you are looking for a solution to resolve this typical error, then you have reached the right page. This article will teach you to overcome this typical error on your own.
How to Fix 403 Forbidden Error on Safari Mac?
Here are some easy fixes using which you will be able to resolve this typical error on your own. In that case, try to follow these steps:
Method 1: Quit from Safari
If you are getting this error for the first time, then it might be due to some random glitch present in the Safari browser. In this case, the first possible solution is quitting from Safari by using these steps:
- At first, from the Home screen, swipe up your finger and then pause.
- After that, swipe right or left, in order to navigate to the app’s preview.
- Now, swipe up on the Safari preview to force close the application. To perform the same, you need to clear all the rest of the app previews that you see.
- Once you clear all background apps, then you need to launch the Safari browser application on your iPhone again and then try to browse the URL or page.
If this error does not occur, it means that you have fixed this error. Otherwise, try to follow the alternative method.
Method 2: Restart your iPhone
If this previous method fails to resolve this error, then you can try to restart your iPhone as a second option to resolve this error. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, press the Side/Power button and the Volume buttons at the same time for some seconds.
- After that, release the buttons when you see the Slide to Power Off command appears and then drag the Power slider to the right side.
- After some time, press and hold the Power/Side button again until your phone reboots.
If the soft reset procedure fails to resolve this error, then you need to clear the Safari cache to resolve this matter.
Method 3: Clear Safari Cache
In order to clear Safari cache, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, tap on the Settings button present in the Home screen.
- After that, choose Safari.
- Next, go to the Privacy and Security section and then tap on the Clear History option to clear all website data.
In case, you want to clear cookies and keep your browsing history on the Safari application, try out these steps:
- Initially, tap on the Settings.
- Choose Safari.
- Next, go to the Advanced section.
- Click on the Website Data.
- Now, choose the option to Remove All Website Data.
After continuing with the steps, if this error persists, you can follow the next method.
Method 4: Update Safari Application
If you are using an outdated version of Safari application, then also you can encounter this error 403 Mac. In that case, try to follow the alternative method described below to resolve this issue.
- Firstly, tap on the Settings which is situated in the Home screen.
- Choose the General option.
- After that, tap on the Software Update.
- In case, you see that a new update is available, choose the recommended options to download and install.
After updating Safari application, if this error persists, try out the next method.
Method 5: Reset Network Settings
If all of the previous methods fail to resolve this issue, you can reset the network settings in order to resolve this Apple 403 forbidden message. To perform this action, let’s perform the steps cited below:
- Firstly, tap on the Settings situated in the Home screen.
- After that, tap on the General button.
- Now, you need to scroll down and tap on the Reset button.
- After that, choose the Reset network settings from the onscreen options. If you perform it, then it will delete all your current network settings as well as delete all current network settings and then it will restore the default network options.
- After that, you will be able to see the Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth connections have been deleted.
- If you are prompted, you need to enter your device’s passcode to continue.
- Now, tap on the option in order to confirm the network settings reset.
After performing all of these steps, hopefully, you will be able to resolve this error.
Here is complete guide which will help you to resolve this Safari 403 forbidden access is denied error on your own. Hopefully, this article will help you to resolve this error on a quick note.
If you have any further queries related to the steps which are provided in this article, you can leave a comment in the comment section. For further guidance, you can also contact an expert for the best solution.
Further, if you are aware of any other methods, you can also inform us via your valuable comments. Keeping all these things in mind, let’s conclude this post here and will see you in the next post.