Apple error 1005f appears on a Mac computer and can occur without any prior notification.
The error message that comes up on your screen when this issue occurs is ‘Internet Recovery Error 1005f’. There are a few reasons for the occurrence of this glitch.
If there is no internet connectivity available, then there is a chance for you to encounter this issue. If the Mac has any kind of virus within it, then also you might face this problem. Here, we have provided some easy methods to get rid of this glitch in no time.
Hence, read this article carefully and try to fix this problem.
Methods to Resolve 1005f Error Code
This is the section of the article that contains various methods that will help you eradicate the error 1005f on Mac.
Solution 1: Remove Malicious Programs From Mac
You can encounter the error code 1005f on a Mac computer if there are malicious applications or extensions present in it. The answer to resolving this problem is to remove all the malicious codes from the Mac.
Here are the steps on how to perform it.
- First, if the browser on your Mac has any reliable extensions, then those plugins can be malicious ones. So, the best thing to do is to remove them from the browser. Below this step, there will be substeps on how to do it. So follow along.
- Open the Mac and then from the dock present at the bottom of the screen, locate the ‘Safari’ browser and click on it to launch.
- After that, on the browser window, go to the top and choose ‘Safari’. Then, from the drop-down menu, select the ‘Safari Extensions’ option.
- As soon as you click on that option, a list full of all the plugins installed within the browser will come up. Now, from that list, locate and click on any suspicious extensions.
- Next, to remove it from the browser tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Repeat the second, third and fourth substeps above and delete all the extensions present with the Safari browser.
- On the Mac, navigate to the ‘Applications’ folder and choose a malicious application then, drag it to the ‘Trash’.
- After that, move to the ‘Library’ directory. Then, choose the ‘Application Support’ folder, in it, select the files that are related to the application that was deleted. Next, place those files into the ‘Trash’
- Now, once again inside the ‘Library’ folder look for the two ‘Launch Agents’ and ‘Launch Daemons’ folders. Next, choose all the files in relation to the application that you have deleted on the second step.
- Repeat the process on the last steps to remove files from the main Library directory.
- At last reboot the Mac computer.
Solution 2: Inspect the Internet Connection
When there is no internet connectivity at all, then you can encounter the Apple 1005f error. The best solution to rectify this issue is to restart the router device and then check the internet connection. Here are steps on how to reboot the router device.
- First, press the ‘Power’ button at the back of the router to turn it off.
- Then, remove the power adapter from the wall socket. Also, take out all the ‘Ethernet’ cables from the router and the computer.
- Then wait for a minute or so, next connect every ‘Ethernet’ cables back to their correct places.
- At last, tap on the ‘Power’ button to boot the router and see if there is an internet connection or not.
Solution 3: Reset the Mac Computer
If not a single method given above helps you to resolve this error, then as a last resort all you can do is to set the Mac once again. In order to do that, follow these steps mentioned underneath.
- First, on the Mac computer, press both the keys ‘Command + R’ together and then start it up. As soon as you see the Apple logo, release those keys and the Power button.
- When a new window pops up, then in it, choose the language that you prefer from the drop-down menu. Next, tap on the ‘Right’ arrow at the bottom to continue.
- Once you get a ‘MacOS Utilities’ window, locate and choose the ‘Disk Utility’ option. After that, at the bottom of this window, navigate to the right side and choose ‘Continue’.
- From the next page that appears, go to the left panel and then choose the ‘Macintosh HD’ disk. After that, go to the top of that page and choose the ‘Erase’ button.
- Next, select the ‘Mac OS Extended (Journaled)’ option from the menu that comes down and then tap on the ‘Erase’ option. Now, the whole content within the disk will be removed.
- Once the removal process is complete, hit the “Done” button. Now, exit from the window.
More Steps for this Method
- Connect to the Internet on your Mac. After that, launch the ‘macOS Utilities’ window following the steps above.
- Then, from that menu, choose the ‘Reinstall macOS’ option. Next, click on the ‘Continue’ button present to the right edge of this window.
- Now, when a new installation window comes up with the name of the macOS, then at the lower center of the window, select the ‘Continue’ button.
- Once you do this, a software license agreement will come up. Now, you can either read the whole the information provided on that page or just simply click on the ‘Agree’ button at the bottom of that window.
- In the next page that appears, select the hard drive where the installation of the Operating System will take place. After that, choose the ‘Install’ button.
- As soon as you click on that button, immediately the initial installation process will begin. This process can take quite some time to get over, so wait patiently.
- During the installation process, the machine will reboot one time.
- At last, when the procedure of installing the macOS is complete, then a final restart will occur.
You can quite effectively and efficiently eradicate the 1005f error on the Mac, simply by following all the methods on the above section of this article.
However, if even after you follow each and every method provided, you’re still are unable to resolve this issue, then, do not get concerned. Just, provide all the details of the problem that you are currently encountering on the comment section. We will surely get back to you.